Raptor Forum banner

41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Come to find out it's a 2020,sorry guys
I just heard they are not releasing till early summer. It is killing me because I can get the 2020 SE but so interested in seeing the new colors! Anyone get any other information recently?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've been thinking about selling my 07 and buying another new one. Have called around the last few days and none of the dealers I talked to have heard anything. At least there are some new 20's for sale now. A few months ago when I bought my 19 there were none. The price is strong here at the low no haggle price of $10k.

My 07 has lasted 14 years and still runs and rides perfect. So I figure if I have 2 new ones they will probably last me the rest of my life :) Also with Yami being the only one left producing sport quads you never know when that could end.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
A friend of mine went to the local dealer last weekend, and said they had 2 new 2020's, a blue/green SE and a blue R.
So they are slowly starting to come back in stock.

·
Registered
12 Posts
A friend of mine went to the local dealer last weekend, and said they had 2 new 2020's, a blue/green SE and a blue R.
So they are slowly starting to come back in stock.
I just feel like if you buy a 2020 in 2021 will drastically impact resale value since these colors have been available since mid 2019...

interested to know others thoughts!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I just feel like if you buy a 2020 in 2021 will drastically impact resale value since these colors have been available since mid 2019...

interested to know others thoughts!
Like anything, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay.
If you had a bunch of clean, used, late model 700's last summer, when demand was high and they were hard to find, you could have gotten a higher price for them.
Or, if you could buy alot on the east coast, and ship them all together out west, you could probably make a few bucks.
But otherwise, like most cars and bikes, you're not going to make money on it.
If I was looking to buy used, I'de buy the cleaner machine at the best price.
The fact that one was a year or 2 older or newer wouldn't matter, and 2015-2020 are the same besides color.
I wanted a black frame and remote resivoir front shocks.
That meant I had to buy a blue/green SE.
I have since bought all the plastics in black, which is the color I wanted, and knew I'de have buy after I got the 700.
The only reason to wait for a 2021 is if you're curious to see what colors are available.
And, if you are putting insurance on it, for every model year older it is, it will be just a little bit cheaper.
There are to be no known changes from 2020 to 2021, aside from possibly color.

·
Registered
283 Posts
If you look at the colors on the 2021 90's, which will more than likely be the colors of the 700's, it's not worth waiting for. I'm really starting to doubt if they will make a 21. I think they are just going to skip it and go to 22 in the fall. But who knows...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just heard they are not releasing till early summer. It is killing me because I can get the 2020 SE but so interested in seeing the new colors! Anyone get any other information recently?
I waited a couple of years to find a color I really liked and couldn't wait any longer. If you like one of the 2020s you should think about getting one, no telling what the next models will look like, because you may not care for them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you look at the colors on the 2021 90's, which will more than likely be the colors of the 700's, it's not worth waiting for. I'm really starting to doubt if they will make a 21. I think they are just going to skip it and go to 22 in the fall. But who knows...
Chevrolet skipped a year before they introduced the latest Gen Camaro, so you never know.

·
Super Moderator
8,647 Posts
Just like the Camaro skipped 8 years before....which is why I grabbed an 02 when I did. Then when they did come out, I didn’t like the new style.

·
Registered
12 Posts
couldn't figure out how to delete my comment
I waited a couple of years to find a color I really liked and couldn't wait any longer. If you like one of the 2020s you should think about getting one, no telling what the next models will look like, because you may not care for them.
And now we have the 2021 colors! Check them out at Yamaha Motorsports

·
Registered
283 Posts
Looks like it will be the black yellow for me unless someone is gonna discount a 20. Was really hoping for a red and white like the 18's. From what I read it looks like they are only making the SE. No mention of a R or standard. Called one of the dealers here in Oregon and they said they are supposed to come sometime in March but Yami won't let them know a exact date until they are being shipped.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just got email from Yamaha Motorsports for the 2021s. Shows 3 different colorways all for $9499. None says SE on the side, but all have the stripping stickers on the wheels. They must be SEs because all the same price. All available from March 2021. Black/Yellow, White/Metallic Black, White/Team Blue (California-Only Models).

·
Registered
49 Posts
All 3 are SEs, and I don't like any of them. Here goes Yamaha again with the ugly child syndrome. I waited 2 years for a nice looking colorway and got one of the last 2019s previous January. If not was going to get the 2020 red/grey SE if it came down to that. Glad I'm not buying because it would be de ja vu again without a bike.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well I guess all the suspense is over folks, the cards are on the table. Anyone looking for a new bike can now see what's out there and make up their mind.

41 - 60 of 98 Posts