Raptor Forum banner

61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
All 3 are SEs, and I don't like any of them. Here goes Yamaha again with the ugly child syndrome. I waited 2 years for a nice looking colorway and got one of the last 2019s previous January. If not was going to get the 2020 red/grey SE if it came down to that. Glad I'm not buying because it would be de ja vu again without a bike.
Only the black/yellow is an SE.
The blue is an R.
The gray is the base model.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Just got email from Yamaha Motorsports for the 2021s. Shows 3 different colorways all for $9499. None says SE on the side, but all have the stripping stickers on the wheels. They must be SEs because all the same price. All available from March 2021. Black/Yellow, White/Metallic Black, White/Team Blue (California-Only Models).
SE has remote resivoir front shocks/ aluminum heel guards with plastic extensions, and a different front bumper, and SE graphics.
R models have remote resivoir front shocks with plastic heel guards and standard bumper.
Base model has pogo stick front shocks, plastic heel guards, and standard bumper.
The SE has always been about $1200 over the base, and $600ish over the R.
The prices must be a typo, otherwise people won't pay that for a base or an R very long until they figure that out.
The SE parts are expensive to buy seperately.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello, I am brand spanking new to the Raptor forum, which by the way this is probably the best community for any Raptor related info I came across.

Anyways, I plan on buying a 2021 Yamaha Raptor 700R SE, that is if it even gets produced. I have been in close contact with Yamaha dealers in where I go to Mexico (that is where I plan on buying it) and they told me they are expected to come in on September-November 2020. He also said since the pandemic started, the number of production might be low, but that they still plan on getting some by that date. If everything goes as planned, I plan on buying it in December.

Does anyone know of any info or rumors for the 2021 Raptors, to confirm that this guy knows what he is talking about? I called directly to the Yamaha plant and they cannot give me any information for 2021s. That dealer in Mexico, however, is positive they will get it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I put a deposit down on a blue 700R back in June along with a buddy I work with. He actually was a cpl days ahead of me on his deposit. The dealer had a delivery of several due from the factory in Georgia ,scheduled only a few weeks out. That came and went as like everyone else said ...this COVID crap was blamed for causing the delay.
Finally my dealer did receive some stuff but my blue Raptor was not in the shipment.
my friends was there and a yellow/ black se came in..... which my dealer offered to me instead... so of course I jumped on that. So all told it took me around 2 months from the time I first spoke with this dealer to the day I loaded my se onto my trailer.
During that time I had a another dealer call me and tell me that he had received a raptor and was going down his list of recent contacts about one.
Pick your favorite dealer and get a deposit on one and just wait it out.
Not really any other choices right now.
View attachment 139272 View attachment 139272
What did you end up paying all and all?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I bought a new 2020 SE in September 2020(after months of searching) from Waynesburg Yamaha, Waynesburg Pennslyvannia, and it was $9946 otd, including tax and title fee to my state, Va.
They charged me $9249+tax and title were the other $700.
And that was $150 cheaper than retail...during a nationwide sellout.
They were Excellent to buy from.

·
Registered
12 Posts
In this area, best OTD was 9600 no tax as I am buying out of state buying in NY. That’s an awesome price from PA what dealership?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought a new 2020 SE in September 2020(after months of searching) from Waynesburg Yamaha, Waynesburg Pennslyvannia, and it was $9946 otd, including tax and title fee to my state, Va.
They charged me $9249+tax and title were the other $700.
And that was $150 cheaper than retail...during a nationwide sellout.
They were Excellent to buy from.
wow that was a good deal... I just got quoteD $12.2k in New Jersey for a 2021 all in OTD msrp is 9499

·
Registered
283 Posts
$10,050 Otd here in Oregon. Had one dealer leave me a voice mail today that said they are going to sell them for MSRP with no add ons but I'm finding that hard to believe. Will call them tomorrow and get an exact cost.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I went down to Cali today and picked this one up. All stock for $6500 which is $2k under what they are selling for here. Just got to take smokin' deals when they show up. So I think I'm gonna list it for the $8500 and if it sells fast I'll just put the money towards the 21, if not I might just keep it. The 18 is my favorite color scheme.

image9.jpeg

·
Registered
49 Posts
SE has remote resivoir front shocks/ aluminum heel guards with plastic extensions, and a different front bumper, and SE graphics.
R models have remote resivoir front shocks with plastic heel guards and standard bumper.
Base model has pogo stick front shocks, plastic heel guards, and standard bumper.
The SE has always been about $1200 over the base, and $600ish over the R.
The prices must be a typo, otherwise people won't pay that for a base or an R very long until they figure that out.
The SE parts are expensive to buy seperately.
I'm aware of all that, had 4 700s since 08. What I was talking about in previous post about all 3 being SE models was because of Yamahas email showing only them. Later that day found more info on the R and base models. 😁

61 - 80 of 98 Posts