Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the 23's were released yesterday to no fanfare. $600 price increase and bng's which is a surprise to no one, well except those who will always dream of Yamaha actually updating something :)

·
Administrator
9,452 Posts
The cost of most SXS are that of a car as well, cheap car anyway. I thought about getting one for family excursions with our doggos too but seen the prices. There are a lot of people in debt to their eyeballs out there with these things. Not for me..

·
VIP
1,098 Posts
I like the pastel blue base model color.
They aren’t gonna make any changes until forced to by regulation (California model) or someone has a competitive offering.
They are calling the pastel blue Cyan. Too bad they will probably never make a matching set of rears, just like the many other colors that are not available as a complete set.

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
They are calling the pastel blue Cyan. Too bad they will probably never make a matching set of rears, just like the many other colors that are not available as a complete set.

I’m picturing it how it would end up if I owned it. Cut front and rear fenders off, long swingarm, sand tires, black cerakote exhaust with the blue paint matched heat shield tip and emblem, blacked out clutch stator and cam covers with some blue paint matched accents.
Sexy.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bng's= Brand New Graphics :)

You can buy a 2023 Yxz for around $23k and that is still more than a SxS is really worth. That or the Krx were the top of my list when I bought one and those 2 would still be my top pick today. To me it would be foolish to pay $30k plus for a SxS, they just aren't worth anywhere near that kind of cash. I just bought my wife a brand new 23 Honda Hrv for $30k.

·
Registered
19 Posts
For $30,000 I would purchase a used Jeep Wrangler, but thats just me.

But for $9000 , a brand new 2023 Raptor is tempting!

I see a local dealer selling brand new, left-over, 2022 Raptors for $8799, before tax, delivery, destination, stealership fees, etc.

Must be overstocked, or sales are declining due to the recession???

BNG= brand new graphics! Got it!

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
What were new 450s and 700s going for just before the 08 crash? That’s crazy cheap

My local dealer has a new 22 base model raptor 700. Sticker price is $10,500 not including tax and tag fees. So you’d end up paying over $11k for a BASE model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
What were new 450s and 700s going for just before the 08 crash? That’s crazy cheap

My local dealer has a new 22 base model raptor 700. Sticker price is $10,500 not including tax and tag fees. So you’d end up paying over $11k for a BASE model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They were probably going for around their MSRP of 7 or 8k. If I wasn't a broke college student, I would have absolutely bought a 700 back then.

I just picked up a clean 2020 700 base model for $6900 (nice). Kinda feels like I got away with murder considering you said they are going for 11k.

·
Registered
2004 raptor 350, HMF exhaust, modified airbox
20 Posts
The cost of most SXS are that of a car as well, cheap car anyway. I thought about getting one for family excursions with our doggos too but seen the prices. There are a lot of people in debt to their eyeballs out there with these things. Not for me..
You can get a lot of jeep (pre-owned) for the cost of these rigs and a jeep can do just about everthing as well. Street legal as well- no trailer needed.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
You would think that with SxS prices getting so totally ridiculous quads would start to make a comeback.
Not too many teenagers are going to be able to find a summer job to pick up a 9,000 Raptor either... I paid 5999 for my 2010 YFZ450R brand new from the local dealership. Hopefully, quads continue to make a comeback as they're way more fun to ride.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts