Raptor Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So much more fun. I just bought a Grizzly to extend my quad season and get farther into the winter before it gets too cold and have to start using the SxS's. Though I have been thinking I've got the Grizzly set up for the cold so well might not need the SxS's at all. Driving just does not compare to riding.

Tire Wheel Snow Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Snow

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wow, adjusted for inflation that comes out to about $9700. That’s not as far off as I thought it would be

Only ~$1000 more for a machine that’s light years ahead of the 660

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Besides 26 cc, fuel injection, top speed limiter, emissions, and 24 lbs heavier, they really have not changed over the years.

And thats a great thing!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'd say the efi alone puts it worlds ahead. Remember when i had my 04 and my buddy got the 06, they changed all the things I always wanted to do to a 660. Bought an 07 as soon as they came out. Not knocking the 660, I've had 3, but the 700 is a much better machine.
Just sold my 660 that I had for two years, and could not agree more. My bone stock 2020 700 BASE model with pogos is so far beyond my modded 660, it ain't even funny. It had +2 arms, yfz shocks, big 3 and all, but it can't hold a candle to this stock 700. I can't image what kind of machine this 700 will be with proper suspension and big 3.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Also I’ve noticed the frame design is way better in terms of handling on the 700. If you ride double on the 660, you have zero steering. Even on grippy surfaces. Not that people ride double on sport quads much but it translates to solo riding too. I can float over the bumps in the coal region of PA, while my brother gets beat up on his 660

Power is definitely better on the 700 too. My brother and I have the exact same mods, but I get him every time. Not sure if it has to do with the EFI, the way the air physically flows into the combustion chamber, cam profile, fuel atomization, or what. But it’s noticeable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Besides 26 cc, fuel injection, top speed limiter, emissions, and 24 lbs heavier, they really have not changed over the years.

And thats a great thing!
If you get the chance to ride a half way nice 700, you'll definitely see what all the fuss is about. I loved my 660, but it feels like an antiquated dinosaur compared to a modern 700.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts