Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up raptor fam. I have a brand new 2022 raptor 700r se . No more than 6 hours of Ride time . I tried to go up a hill (nothing to big) the bike just would rev and wouldn’t go forward . Reverse works but doesn’t seem as strong as before. And I didn’t abuse it just light riding. Any ideas what this might be ? It was purchased about 2 weeks ago & since it’s new does it have a Yamaha factory warranty?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you hold the front brake while your letting the clutch out in 1st gear does it bog the engine when the clutch engages and or stall the engine?
Nope the bike doesn’t bog or stall at all tbh . It will creep a tiny bit but it doesn’t accelerate like it should . Maybe it’s the transmission

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Sounds like a clutch issue. Check cable adjustment to make sure it is letting clutch fully out. Should be some freeplay in the lever. Have you changed the oil?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sandman89

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like a clutch issue. Check cable adjustment to make sure it is letting clutch fully out. Should be some freeplay in the lever. Have you changed the oil?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Ok, will do. I think I will take it to a local mechanic or back to the dealer. I haven’t changed the oil, I rode it twice for about 5 hours or so. Appreciate the suggestions, hopefully it’s only the clutch.

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha Raptor 700r
152 Posts
Sounds like the clutch to me. Have you done any clutch drops? Might just need to be readjusted or at worse a new clutch. People have had problems with yamalube burning out clutches prematurely but that could also be user issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts