Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I was thinking about putting 22in. mud lites on my raptor, really muddy down here in S. FL. has anyone run these? How does the increase in diameter affect handling/ gearing. my bike is bone stock,about 10hrs on it thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
it will make first and second gear last longer, give more ground clearance, you will be fine. search it you will find more.

·
Registered
468 Posts
i like mine and they are really fun in the mud

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
I had the 22" Mudlites.....great traction. Floor that puppy in 3rd gear and watch it throw 50foot roosters like no joke. :lol:

·
Registered
39 Posts
everything said above is true. Make sure you use 3rd gear in mud and up hills. Second gear won't be enough wheel speed.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
I love my 22" rears, I run Razor-2's. Gearing in 1-4 is great but once I hit 5th I don't have enough snot to pull it into the higer RPM's. Just ordered a 13t front sprocket. And Yes, I'm running the 3 mods. (Trinity). Still pulled 83mph on the GPS with 14/37, swapped to 14/38 but still not enough. Hopefullt 13/38 will be the trick!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
I've now got 3 different front sprockets and 2 rears for a lot of combinations. I run 19" rears for Ice running so I'll need them all. :)

·
Registered
468 Posts
im happy with mine i have the 15/38 and it still has enough power

1 - 10 of 10 Posts