1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Valley Boy
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Of those 2 definitely the ITP, can't you get another one like the Maxxis razr or razr2 or Kenda Klaw or Kutters? Much better tires and lighter steering.

·
Valley Boy
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I should probably have added that I have 22x11 Gator mud tires on the back that weigh in at 25lbs a piece. The trails I ride are mainly mud/rough with some dirt trails. I'm wanting a nice trial/off road tire not a great track tire. I'm used to big 700 twin 4x4 atvs that weight almost 800lbs so the raptors steering is way lighter than anything I have ever driven. The thing I did like about the hole shots was that they were 4 ply vs the maxxis only being 2ply. The reason why I didn't get the razr's is because they are over $300 and I can get the front pros for 140 and the xct for 164.

Just took a look. The Kutters aren't in the size I need but they do have the Bear Claw. The Bear claw is more of an aggressive tire which could be used on the back but I don't really need anything that crazy on the front. Also, they don't make the razr or razr2's in a 23" tire.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
I just ordered some 23x7x10 kenda klaw xc's from motosport.com. $108.00 to my door.

·
Valley Boy
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm located in Canada and shipping is pretty expensive and duty is sometimes brutle. But I couldn't find the razr's in the 23" on the Maxxis site but see you found the link. My fiancee's parents live on the other side of the border of Maine so I suppose I could look into getting it shipped to there and pick them up. It would probably cost me $200 to drive there to pick them up but maybe her parents can pick them up. Thanks for the link though.

Anyone have any luck with 2ply tires? Not sure how they would hold up.

Read some bad things about the Kenda's. So its gonna be the XTC, Razr, or the pros. As of right now I am kinda leaning more towards the XTC.

·
Desert Racer
679 Posts
I'm located in Canada and shipping is pretty expensive and duty is sometimes brutle. But I couldn't find the razr's in the 23" on the Maxxis site but see you found the link. My fiancee's parents live on the other side of the border of Maine so I suppose I could look into getting it shipped to there and pick them up. It would probably cost me $200 to drive there to pick them up but maybe her parents can pick them up. Thanks for the link though.

Read some bad things about the Kenda's. So its gonna be the XTC, Razr, or the pros. As of right now I am kinda leaning more towards the XTC.
I`ve been racing on the ITP XCT 22" & 23" tires now for two years and this year I switched to the Maxxis Razor 2 up front and the regular Razors in the rear.The ITP wore out to quick and the Razors seem to be wearing AWESOME.:) I wouldn`t run anything that`s not a 6 ply.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts

those itp 23's are only 4 ply you better order some plugs while your at it....try these

royaldistributing.com

or 2koolperformance.com they are both canadian and 2kool was the cheapest i've seen

·
VIP
1,019 Posts
those itp 23's are only 4 ply you better order some plugs while your at it....try these

royaldistributing.com

or 2koolperformance.com they are both canadian and 2kool was the cheapest i've seen
I've been running a set of ITP MXR6 20X6X10 2 ply fronts on my 660 since 2002 and run the same tires on my 700 with no flats or cut sidewalls. I ride only trails and they are rocky with tree roots, so maybe I'm just lucky?:D

·
Valley Boy
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well the OEM tires are only a 4 ply. I just want them to last a while. Thats why I didn't know how the 2ply would hold up. I'm not going to be jumping the wheeler or anything, pretty much going anywhere a Honda ATC 110 could go haha. I'm gonna keep looking around for deals, I'd like to find a 23" tire for my trip on the 14th.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
What did you read about the kenda's? Kinda concerned now cause all I read was positive responces.. I use to have a honda 110! I loved that thing. You got any pictures of it? I wouldn't mind being taken aback :lol:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Mud lites are 6 ply and what I use for the trails. 23" front tire. They work exellent, especially in the rocky mountain riding I have done.

·
Valley Boy
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ordered the Maxxis tires for the front. For what I am going to be doing with the bike I figure they will do what I need. As for rears whenever the gators wear out I think I may try the Mud Lites, as they are 5 or 10 lbs lighter than my gators. I'm still debating on trying the 13 tooth front sprocket to give a little better low speed in first gear but I have been playing around a little lately and don't find the 14T too bad with the 22" rear tires. I've got my first real trip planned this week and can't wait. Picked up a 1.5 gallon gas jug/bracket that bolted up pretty easily to the rear grab bar. Gonna throw that on just in case.

The 110 is out at the camp and I'm not sure if I have any pics of it....its a beast though, you can't kill it and its fun as hell to drive.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Yeah I mis my 110 sometimes. It would be fun to just mess around on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts