Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Raptor 660
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i was wondering what would happen if i got a bigger sized pilot jet?? Do i have to go up or down on anything else to compensate for it?
Air screw?
Needle position?
Mains??

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
What mods are done to your bike? A # 25 pilot's are a good idea for ANY air flow modification, pipe, so on.. You may haft to adjust your fuel screw some, probly in..

·
Registered
2005 Raptor 660
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing but a slip on fmf when i bought it... i had a problem with my carbs and i wrote them down on a thread and quad maniac said they were all stock sizes... willy killer told me to go up on my pilots but im concerned if i have to change anything else. like my fuel screw mixture notches on my needle...etc

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Nothing but a slip on fmf when i bought it... i had a problem with my carbs and i wrote them down on a thread and quad maniac said they were all stock sizes... willy killer told me to go up on my pilots but im concerned if i have to change anything else. like my fuel screw mixture notches on my needle...etc
Both Willykiller & QuadManiac are good good people. Willy is a master of jetting, amongst other things & Quad a is electrical genius.. Id go with #25 pilots & adjust your fue lscrews if need be.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Both Willykiller & QuadManiac are good good people. Willy is a master of jetting, amongst other things & Quad a is electrical genius.. Id go with #25 pilots & adjust your fue lscrews if need be.
I agree! They help me a lot with mine.

·
Master of the Electron
15,679 Posts
Here's the deal - the pilot jet sets the max fuel flow into the engine between idle to about 1/4 throttle. The fuel screws just adjust (down) how much fuel can be delivered from the pilot jet. So, if everything is running perfectly with 22.5's and you go to 25's, you'll just need to turn the screws in (CW) a bit to compensate.

We recommend 25 pilots because Yammi was a bit stingy (lean) with the 22.5's, primarily to meet agreed upon EPA requirements. Most see slightly better throttle response and less likelihood of decel backfire with 25's. AND, any significant mod to increase flow just about forces the switch to 25's or you'll have trouble getting the three circuits (pilot, needle, main) balanced.

But, if you're truly stock, even though the move may help in the long run, sticking with 22.5's isn't going to hurt you.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I would use #25 pilots, I had all kinds of problem years ago with the carbs blowing off with my 01 and 02, so I switched to 25 pilots and had better throttle response and no more trail side repairs to putting carbs back on..............

1 - 7 of 7 Posts