Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m 14 and around 5 ‘10 and 110 pounds and I’m thinking of getting a 250 bored out or a stock 350 I just don’t know if the 250 would be too small to keep for a few years.

Thanks ?

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,800 Posts
Are you buying to keep for a long time or less then a year? I don't have any knowledge of the 250 or 350, but I do know about motors. If you keep it, you may find it difficult to buy another, even bigger piston, when it's time for a rebuild of the 250. The 350 may have more power to start, and have a better option for more power with a exhaust, air cleaner and jetting as well as a future big bore. There's a old saying, "there's no substitute for CC's".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying, I’m hopefully going to keep one for quite a bit since I’ve been saving up for a 350 I’ll have to keep what you said in mine since in the long run I’d most likely go bigger cc’s.

·
Super Moderator
7,870 Posts
At 5’-10” that 250 will feel very cramped. The 350 is the better route by far. I made the mistake in purchasing a 250 for my wife at first.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I was in a similar situation as you last year and was considering buying a Raptor 350. I know this is a raptor forum but I would go with the Honda TRX400 X/EX. It has more power and less issues than the Raptor 350 at about the same price. I got a 400 X and I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I was contemplating that because the raptor 350s are kinda pricey for my budget and the 400 would probably work better, thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts