Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure im just a idiot and dont know how to navigate this site right, but I can't seem to find a thread on how to remove the carb on a raptor 250. I have everything disconnected but a ground wire of some sort, how do I take that off? Does the carb come out the side of the frame? I sure hope I get the jetting right the first time cause this thing is a @&$%#@! . Any help here greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The easiest way ive found to get mine out is to take the back fenders off its 7 bolts i believe and then take th battery and all out where you can work with it a little from the back side of the carb and it comes out the side of the frame opposite from the exhaust. ive always left the wires on it and worked with it on the side of the wheeler. But thats my way ha im no professional. Maybe itll help some :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
and it is a task getting the carb outta that tight little space.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so I got the new jets in and fuel screw drilled out (which is the stupidest thing I've seen, covering up a adjustment screw). Now I was told I needed to adjust the needle to the 2nd position. So I pulled off the top of the carb, pulled out the needle, but I don't see another position to adjust it to. Do I need a different needle set up?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I leave it all together and just unbolt the boots and take off all the hoses and stuff. Then just yank it out the left hand side

·
Registered
836 Posts
the fuel screw is blocked off for emissions reasons.... EPA just wants to make everything a pain in the ass
The needle does not have any other adjustments. The only way to get an adjustable needle is to purchase a jet kit from either GYTR or DynoJet... You could always go the route I went and stuff a bunch of tiny little washers under the needle to keep it raised higher than factory..

·
Registered
836 Posts
You may still find your raptor running a little lean..
I have the stock exhaust with the baffle removed, uni air filter, no lid, screen under filter removed, and 500ft elevation, and i ran a 172.5 main and a 35 pilot at 3.5 turns out.. I put 4 washers on my needle (thats all i had lying around) but if i were you, I would put some more (probably like 6).. right now mine is running just about perfect. So considering you have a more free flowing slip on, more free flowing filter, and you are at sea level, you may need to install bigger jets than the ones you are currently running

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well the bike seems to run great. I think I may be running a little lean (need to do a plug chop). Should I worry about it and order a 170 and 175, or should I just leave well enough alone?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.