·
Registered
155 Posts
Hows yours fuel injected?!

·
Registered
93 Posts
imho this is what these quads are built for:
250- more of a track machine for younger people (im only 5'10" or so and ive sat on a few and it felt very tiny for me) since it has no reverse and is more peppy from what ive heard
350- more of an all round... ud be surprised at what you can take it through with the higher airbox and the larger size and its great for trails and dirtroads (if you have any around where you are im in georgia so we got plenty of them) & higher top speed if that matters to you (they are about even on acceleration 250's a lil quicker off the line but the 350 will catch it if its long enough)
so basically the 250 is like a downsized yfz 450 and the 350 is more of a downsized raptor 700 both are great machines just made under the broad sport category (sport=trails, dunes, roads, some mud, tracks, etc etc, even taken my 350 through some rivers) so as a quick view into how i see the quads id say:
350=more geared towards trails, roads, & mud and other things of the type
250=more towards tracks and trails maybe the dunes (idk if its got more of a low end power or high end)
so there ya go its what you think youll be doing the most :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Dude get a 450 or 700. I'm the same height as you but about 15 or 20 pounds heavier and I just sold my 250. If your an experienced rider you'll be begging for power fast.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Dude get a 450 or 700. I'm the same height as you but about 15 or 20 pounds heavier and I just sold my 250. If your an experienced rider you'll be begging for power fast.
I agree, i need more power bad but my dad doesnt get that and i cant get a new one. Its good for 10 year olds movin up from 80s and those types.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I went for the 350 because of size and reverse and I am glad I didn't go for the 250 cause even the 350 still feels a tad small.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i just got a 2008 raptor 250 se and it beat a 400 suzuki
i would go with the 250 get an exhaust and jetting done to it that is a major perfomance increase

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
i just got a 2008 raptor 250 se and it beat a 400 suzuki
i would go with the 250 get an exhaust and jetting done to it that is a major perfomance increase
I am very surprised you beat it. In a couple weeks, I am going to race a 400ex, which I know I will win, I am half the weight of the person I am racing against. BTW, this thread is 3 years old. I am pretty sure he got a quad, or he has forgotten about Raptor Forums:lol:

·
Registered
252 Posts
I am very surprised you beat it. In a couple weeks, I am going to race a 400ex, which I know I will win, I am half the weight of the person I am racing against. BTW, this thread is 3 years old. I am pretty sure he got a quad, or he has forgotten about Raptor Forums:lol:
You may beat him on the launch if you are a good rider, the lil' 250 may even stay ahead up to 3rd, but he'll probably catch you in 4th and be long gone in 5th.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I have both a 250 & 400 and they are not even close in a drag race. Only about 50 lbs. difference and 10-15 hp shy of the 400 Suzuki.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well im lookin to buy a sport quad and its either the 350 or the 250.... i would get the 250 but i think i will outgrow it.. im 14 and 5' 10", and what are the top speeds of these and acceleration like 0-30 mph or somthing like that.... i weigh 140.

I'm 5'9" 137 pounds and my Raptor 250 throws me around with eas...

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
^ Im a bit smaller than you. I had a 350, and got SO tired of the power, and I knew that from day 3:lol: Save up and get a 660 or 700. You will be seriously glad you did. I can't believe the ammount of technology in my 700 compared to the 350. It is truly amazing.

·
Registered
147 Posts
^ Im a bit smaller than you. I had a 350, and got SO tired of the power, and I knew that from day 3:lol: Save up and get a 660 or 700. You will be seriously glad you did. I can't believe the ammount of technology in my 700 compared to the 350. It is truly amazing.
I'm more of a on track racer so Imma stick with my 250... ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
You definalty would want to get the 350. Im 5'5 160 and its perfect! The 250 would be way to small. I sat on 1 a couple months ago....pretty small. The 350 has some great acceleration. I can get through the gears in under 8 seconds! Its a beast. But if you want something little get the 250. youll out grow it fast and want something bigger!
No offence to you who have 250's. They pretty beastly for being small!
yea, im 14 and my 250 is insane. did a speed test and it hit 70

·
Super Moderator
7,795 Posts
21 - 40 of 41 Posts