Raptor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reading the forum and trying to figure this out so hope someone can help. Bought a used 250 se that had a full hmf competition pipe on it, airbox cover removed. The guy never rejetted and it ran pretty bad. I got the hmf jet kit and went with the 30 pilot and 170 main as they suggest. Ran better but still stutters at about 70% throttle. Went up to 175 main and it improved even more but still stutters on top. From reading, it sounds like I'm already at the upper bound of the main jet so I'm hesitant to go up more. Any suggestions as to what to do next? Plug does look a little lean.

BTW getting the airbox hose on the carb is a major pia. The carb comes in and out easily otherwise. I might get the pwrtune airbox replacement just so I don't have to deal with that darn airbox hose.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Old thread, but yes main is still lean. I had the same issue on a family members raptor 250 but with the stock exhaust. It would stutter at WOT and high rpm's. BTW this raptor only has airbox lid removed and stock exhaust with no spark arrestor. Had to go up to 162.5 to run right. So with a full HMF I wouldn't be surprised it you had to go to a 180. And for the love of god, get a new plug.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts