Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading to pismo dunes this weekend I have my 2nd gear skipping ... Do u guys think I could get by ...by Staying on 1-3 gear most of the time ...I'm kinda worried on climbing dunes without my 2nd gear ...I'm jetted and piped and intake so I have extra power...what do u guys think? Will I make it ?

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
I would fix it if i where you. Ya dont want the extra problems from a clutch basket break or fork damage!

I know it aint what you want to hear but fixing it now will be less costly than big damage in the long run. And i also think 2nd gear is a must anywhere you ride...

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I'm heading to pismo dunes this weekend I have my 2nd gear skipping ... Do u guys think I could get by ...by Staying on 1-3 gear most of the time ...I'm kinda worried on climbing dunes without my 2nd gear ...I'm jetted and piped and intake so I have extra power...what do u guys think? Will I make it ?
Nope, 2nd gear is rather important.............:)

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
The problem with a sequential gearbox is that you have to go through 2nd to get to 3rd. Depending on the terrain that extra shift without the ability to put any power in during may be a deal breaker.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Nope, 2nd gear is rather important.............:)
2nd gear...important....naaaaaa.:)
I feel your pain my friend. I would fix the issue now before it ges worse. My motor is getting torn down as we speak for the same issue.It just happend on our Sunday ride.As soon as I notised it I rode back to the truck's & called it a day till shes back to normal...
Good luck

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
That is why it is always better to fix stuff as it starts to happen. That way you dont miss out on great riding with your buddies. Putting it off just leads to more head ache down the road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts