Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when you start off in 2nd gear doesent it put alot of stress on the motor. or does the motor have so much torque it doesnt mater. did any of you have any problems starting of in 2nd gear or are there any future prob i have to worry about. thanx

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya i rather lose the race than F*%k up my quad.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
2nd gear starts are the only way to go! :thumbsup: The bike weighs the same in all 5 gears.... the clutch is fully engaging.... maybe some tranny stress, but even in a car I start in 2nd unless the extra torque is absolutely necessary. My own opinion, not gonna say it's good for the machine but mine still works!!! :thumbsup: :grin_nod:

·
Registered
218 Posts
i have a 13 tooth so 2nd is the only way to start in a race.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I ALWAYS start sand drag races in second. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
While dragging or quick starts I've been using 2nd, cruising around with family etc, 1st. Stresses, I've done this with all my quads and they still work.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm running stock gearring and if I'm draging up bull gap(hill) I usually use 2nd but with all the torque from my mods I think I can jam strait from 3rd. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
67 Posts
i was dragging yesterday at a park and always started in second. first is way to short. two times i started in 3rd. not having to shift when others do shoots you out front quick. bike didnt like 3rd with 15 tooth on front, but she pulled it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
146 Posts
man i never would have thought you could start in third. . .ive always wondered about doing it but thought the bike would probly bog, especially since i have the 15th, but 2nd gear starts always when drag racing, doesnt have time to bog just gone. . . :wootwoot:

·
Registered
88 Posts
donoair said:
i was dragging yesterday at a park and always started in second. first is way to short. two times i started in 3rd. not having to shift when others do shoots you out front quick. bike didnt like 3rd with 15 tooth on front, but she pulled it :thumbsup:
I can pull from 3rd pretty good with a stock 14 tooth. the next thing I get is going to be a 15 tooth. 4th won't pull as good but for the hill I drag I won't need it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.