Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After searching through the jetting database, I settled on a 155/160 main and 25 pilots for the build I am doing.

I'm kinda looking for a 2nd opinion or agreement on my choice. Elevation is 1100+/-, and the air box lid is cut open with a UNI. Everything is stock with exception to the mods listed below.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Jetting isnt absolute. Itll need tweaking for your own raptor. Just buy vitos jet kit so you have a variety of jets to play with

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess what I am trying to say is, given the information I provided, will these jets be very close to what I end up with in the end (a very good starting point)? Just trying to make sure I am in the ball park here.

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
Your selection is a good start (although it might need 160L/165R Mikuni mains). With the open air box you are going to need aftermarket needles - they have a more aggressive taper than the stock ones and make main jet selection a lot easier.

THe Vitos kit comes with all the mains you'll need, the 25 pilots, the aggressive needles and extended thumb fuel screws (so you can adjust idle mixture with carbs on bike)... a good deal, IMO.

·
Registered
51 Posts
yup dont waste time on stock needles imo. worth time and effort for vitos jet kit. wont have to use giant mains to compensate for lean midrange.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are the needles exclusive to Vito's? I already have a large assortment of Mukini jets and really don't need to buy anymore. Is there a recommended OEM needle?

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
No - you can get GYTR, DJ, or several other aftermarket needles to do the job - just about anything other than stock taper will suffice.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any commonly recommended taper/part numbers for the needles?

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
Any commonly recommended taper/part numbers for the needles?
Not that I'm aware of - maybe someone else can chime in if they know of one... just aftermarket needles fir the 660 (GYTR or DJ, for example) is what I always recommend.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not that I'm aware of - maybe someone else can chime in if they know of one... just aftermarket needles fir the 660 (GYTR or DJ, for example) is what I always recommend.
What would the recommended GYTR needle be?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Are the needles exclusive to Vito's? I already have a large assortment of Mukini jets and really don't need to buy anymore. Is there a recommended OEM needle?
You can buy needles from AlbaNate a forum member............

1 - 11 of 11 Posts