Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
idk what is going on. This is the 2nd rear brake rotor that i installed and warped. I have done numerous brake jobs on cars and stuff and this is sorta the same setup. When i used a c clamp to compress the the caliper, it didn't go down all the way, causing the pads to be very hard to put over the rotor. I bleed the brakes and all and the pads are still rubbing causing the rotor to glow red and warp. What am i doing wrong?? i disconnected the emergency brake line, could that be it??

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Did you get a parking brake block off or just remove the cable? If you didn't get the blockoff be sure and back the adjuster screw in the center of the caliper.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
firstraptor said:
Did you get a parking brake block off or just remove the cable? If you didn't get the blockoff be sure and back the adjuster screw in the center of the caliper.
yea this was my exact problem

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Mine was off the other way, had to space it to make it fit. my rotor was rubbing on the bracket, axle was aligned right as well.

·
Registered
211 Posts
dont forget to make sure axle nuts are fully tight'nd this could cause rotor to get hot too!being missaligned

1 - 5 of 5 Posts