1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
207 Posts
ide be happy with a 3 second wheeli,just because i suck at them right now, not really e place to practice around thehouse.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
blue700 said:
ide be happy with a 3 second wheeli,just because i suck at them right now, not really e place to practice around thehouse.
Me too, I usually stay up for about 5 seconds or so and then have to drop cause I start going back to far and havent got comfortable with the rear brake usage during the wheelie yet.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sweet vid. Reminds me of the nights on the interstate with the good ol R6.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JZRaptor700R said:
Sweet vid. Reminds me of the nights on the interstate with the good ol R6.
Speaking of. How did you like your R6? Sounds like you got rid of it. Why? I'm asking cause I'm going to look at an '01 R6 tommorrow (hopefully). I have good intentions to buy it if it hasn't be totally ragged. Seems like I'm going to be a hard core Yamaha Fan pretty soon. Anything you know of that I should be worried about.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had an 04 and actually I got rid of it to get the Raptor. I loved it...R6's are great bikes I'm not to familliar with 01's...Depending on your money situation and what youre gunna be using it for I would maybe go a little newer. My 04 seemed like it was a freak as far as power...stock for stock I pulled on many other 600's from a roll and I also ran 10.99 in the 1/4(dont remember the MPH) when it was stock. Sometime in the near future I'll be getting another bike. I hate to stray away from yamaha but I love the ZX-14.

As far as things to look for when buying a used bike, tires of course, start it up listen for ticks...knocks...anything of that sort, If he'll let you ride it make sure it doesnt pull to the right or left...if it does its prolly got a bent frame or sub frame and you dont want to deal with that and check out the brakes really good...a lot of people on streetbikes are hell on their brakes......that pretty much all I can really think of.

·
Registered
41 Posts
JZRaptor700R said:
I had an 04 and actually I got rid of it to get the Raptor. I loved it...R6's are great bikes I'm not to familliar with 01's...Depending on your money situation and what youre gunna be using it for I would maybe go a little newer. My 04 seemed like it was a freak as far as power...stock for stock I pulled on many other 600's from a roll and I also ran 10.99 in the 1/4(dont remember the MPH) when it was stock. Sometime in the near future I'll be getting another bike. I hate to stray away from yamaha but I love the ZX-14.

As far as things to look for when buying a used bike, tires of course, start it up listen for ticks...knocks...anything of that sort, If he'll let you ride it make sure it doesnt pull to the right or left...if it does its prolly got a bent frame or sub frame and you dont want to deal with that and check out the brakes really good...a lot of people on streetbikes are hell on their brakes......that pretty much all I can really think of.
if it pulls one with the front end. its a bent rim normally. if the ass end feels like its all over the place then its probally the bent rim. if it feels like its tracks odd thats the frame.
check the sub frame for welding. if its been stunted hard the subframe probally has damage. if its been rewelded thats a tell tell sign. tires are noth that big of a deal. 90% of bikes have the strip on there tires.. that means its a in town bike. no real corners. brakes are importnat. but not that expensive. anything that has upgraded braided steel brake lines is a good thing. if its carb'd and starting it up in the winter could foul plugs in a hurry. if its fi fire it up and let it run aprox. 20 mins b4 riding. let it warm up so you can tell if theres any knocks in it or not. check the front forks for compression. if its been stunted. and endo'd then the front end might be wore out. thats a lot of weight on the front end dont forget to check the chain and sprockets. they can get pricey. check the exhaust out if teh tips scared up then its been wheelied pretty hard.

that should get ya started

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.