Raptor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you guys noticed a drop in coolant after the 3 mods? I have be out 2 or 3 times since I did all my power mods and after I return home the coolant is lower. Im useing Engine Ice as well. Started in the middle, Now it is just below "low". No fluid is being mixed in the engine. No sweet smell. Does Engine Ice smell just as sweet as regular coolant when buring? No coolant stains out of the overflow vent hose area. Is it running to hot? :help:

·
Registered
340 Posts
I did my three mods... never had additional anything.

Frank

edited to remove repitition...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
sikraptor700 said:
most are running cooler after the 3 mods
Exactly...mine runs a lot cooler...still running the factory coolant at the factory level (right in the middle) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
665 Posts
funny u say that, cuz when i installed my vapor i put the engine ice in and it does seem to be lower, but the vapor temp gauge dosent indicate it is running hot :3question:

·
Registered
219 Posts
When changing out radiator fluids in my quads, I've always gotten an air bubble in the cooling system that needed to be "burped" out. If you didn't get rid of the bubble (or bubbles) in your system, you could have had a "false full" reading... Just a thought...

·
Registered
219 Posts
MONSTERMATT said:
whats the best how to get rid of it?
I start mine up and run it with the radiator lid off for about 10 seconds. Re-fill the radiator and reservoir as needed. I keep repeating until no further coolant can be added... Usually takes 2 or 3 times.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi I'm sure you've fixed this problem along time ago, but for others that may have this problem, and for my own curiosity was it because you had your EFI controller set too lean?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Possible Solution

I have a possible solution for you. I had that happening a lot on my Z400 and now on my Raptor 700. I noticed on my Z400 after an engine rebuild which worried me. In both cases-engine ran fine, no smoke, nothing wet anywhere on the quad. I would always top it off and on most rides, I would lose 1/2- 3/4 of the coolant in my overflow-WTF?:confused:

This is probably the last thing you would guess-because it is kind of obvious. I am 99% sure it is from doing wheelies and or bicycles. I constantly do wheelies and bicycles(ride on 2 side wheels). I think the bicycles make the coolant leak out the overflow tube. For what ever reason it doesn't seem to get on the quad any where. It turns out on the Z400, I just started learning the bicycle stunt shortly after the rebuild. It seams like on rides that I spend more time stunting are the ones I lose more coolant on. Now that I know this, I just refill the coolant and stunt at ease. Can't stop the stuntin!!!:D

I have tried rerouting the tube with no luck. I am sure there is something that can be done.

Anyone else come across this or make the correlation?

Tom

·
Registered
150 Posts
bringing the front up alot? very possible its draining out while wheelying high.

or you're over heating and its just draining itself, which is what i think because you just did 3 mod and you're probably wide open more often and longer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've done alot of wheelies and riding on 2 side wheels... I never noticed low coolant!
I'm definately going to check on that though now that its been brought up!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I knew I remember seeing this archived. lol
I just went out with my 3 mod raptor yesterday and the coolant was at the low level. Now its below that like an inch. ??? I got the quad in febuary and never drove it stock. Went ahead and did the 3 mod so I can't say whether or not it did it stock. But I definitly lost coolant and know for a fact its not from wheeling cuz I can only pop it up for a couple seconds. lol

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Haven't changed or added any fluids other than fuel. Since my services and I have big3 and a cam. I ride it very hard also jumps wheelies hillshoots.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts