Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading about the "3 mods". I searched and could not find exactly what everyone was talking about. In real simple terms, what are the infamous " 3 mods". Thanks : :

·
Registered
584 Posts
Intake, exhaust, controller.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, thanks,...I understand the exhaust part, and we all have our opinions, but intake and controller. I was under the assumption that the 700R's all had fuel injection and other than major mods the computer would do all the work for you. No rejetting, filter swaps, lid modification etc.

What about the intake? Without brand specific, what are you exactly talking about. I apologize for all the questions. I have a brand new Honda trx 450 r, and am trading it in on a raptor 700r. I dont like the power delivery of the Honda. I am to old, and dont heal that good anymore to ride the Honda like it needs to be rode. I like the linear power of the Raptor.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
965 Posts
bearmde said:
I was under the assumption that the 700R's all had fuel injection and other than major mods the computer would do all the work for you. No rejetting, filter swaps, lid modification etc.

Yes, the 700 has Fuel injection, but it does not have an O2 sensor like vehicles have. The controller allows you to add more fuel to compensate for better air flow with the exhaust and intake.

The programmer/controller to the Raptor is like a jet kit to a carburator.

·
Registered
584 Posts
The intake refers to the filter box lid and new high flow filter assembly with a bigger intake neck that the filter mounts to. This allows more air to get in.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Also if you do any mods the controller is pretty much mandatory so you wont run lean and damage the engine.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Yeah, I figured.... but doesn't it usually indicate this somewhere on the chart? Or is this standard color indicators for all dynos (green and orange is always stock, or "before")?

Most charts tell you what the colors represent so an idiot (like me ;)) can look at it and figure it out. I can tell which is which as far as hp and tq because they would be in the order the colors are shown in that little square, but suppose your controller was tuned for crap and the motor ran worse. How can you tell which colors are with the controller and which are without the controller?
Just wonderin'.

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
The file #s up top "BoRaptor700_004.drf" is the file down on the bottom of the sheet in green that was the dyno pull on the 11th(which was the last pull of the day since I made 4 pulls on the stock program). The file "BoRaptor700_008.drf" is the file down at the bottom in red that was the last pull on the 22nd which all pulls(6 of them) that I made that day with my Dobeck. I adjusted the A/F on each pull until I started loosing torque(at about 13.2:1 A/F) and then backed it back down until I got a happy medium of TQ/HP. I wasnt sure exactly on what you were asking until now after I read you posts again lol(I have been working night shift for 2 weeks lol). Each pull you make on a dynojet will be in a different color and will be indicated by the file name up top and on the bottom. Also, I didnt have a printout of the A/F graghs since on the 11th the wideband wasnt working right(or not at all) but the owner fixed that problem and called me so that I could finish up my dyno session.

·
Registered
202 Posts
hey veloci, after all your mods whats your top speed? im curious cause income tax is coming soon and i want to mod the crap outta my 700.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts