Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all. i have the 3 mods and disabled speed sensor and was wonder ing what top speeds you all are getting. i gps'ed mine today and topped out at 80 even.. but never gps'd it before the speed sensor. so wanted to know if i gained any top speed also i have a 15t front sprocket.. plus it was windy today.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
That's pretty good, Mine GPS'd out at 73 before any mods and 75 with a 15t sprocket. I did the big 3 this winter but haven't had it out yet to see what the difference is. I also went to 22" rears and dropped a tooth on the rear sprocket. Some guys were claiming 17mph with the sensor removed but I doubt that will be the case. I'm 160 lbs if that matters to ya.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
try plugging your speed sensor in and see what it says after that, i'd be interested to see what difference it reads,..oh and then take off all your mods and try that 2! haha j/k yeah but try one with it plugged in

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i cannot plug it back in. i wired it in to a cutout switch on the throttle, where it only cuts it out at full throttle. and back on when under that, i did this to keep the check engine light from coming on..

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
I'll definately do that once the snow clears enough to wind it up. It'll also give me a chance to play with my Trinity Controller a bit.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
from what ive read you gain about 4-5 mph and supposidly stock is 74mph so ill take the 80mph w/ pride. and iam 220 lb rider.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
07raptorgytr said:
well i cannot plug it back in. i wired it in to a cutout switch on the throttle, where it only cuts it out at full throttle. and back on when under that, i did this to keep the check engine light from coming on..
oh yeah, you did the blaster throttle right?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yep.. worked out great.. sorry i havent done any write up's on it ill get around to it... i did set it up that if i were to ever need to remove the setup i can easily. i used bullet style connectors on the splice on the wire from the speed sensor.. the connectors were reversed on each wire going to the speed sensor so when i do remove it , the slice in the speed sensor wire can be connected back together and making it stock..

·
Registered
331 Posts
I hit 86mph with a trinity pipe. trinity intake ,pc3 and i-cat.
20 inch tires @ 12lbs pressure (rockhard)
200lb rider, loooong ass straight away !

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah but you have way more mods than i do, i was wanting people w/ the basic 3 mods. but thanks for the reply.. and 86 that is cool man :thumbsup:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Weight shouldn't effect top speed much. At those speeds, aerodinamic drag is what holds you back.
Then again, a 220 lb. rider will definitely make a bigger sail than a 140 pounder.
Are you going into a full, sport bike-style tuck, or riding more upright?

·
Registered
132 Posts
i hit 83 on a dry lake bed(el mirage)using a gps, i weigh 235,my friend hit 84 on my bike, he weighs 145

·
Registered
10 Posts
why in the world would you run a quad tire at 12 psi??? especially at 86 mph! thats just crazy man, besides, even at 6psi i could barely hook up

·
Registered
105 Posts
I ran 75 with the speed limiter plugged in and 78 unplugged completely bone stock on gps. If it didnt hit 83+ with 3mods and a 15T I would be pissed.

·
Registered
331 Posts
07gytrraptor.... Re-read my post bro. I said I hit 86mph with the basic 3 mods.

Jake 67.... Down here in Miami when we are tuning the bike for top end, we do it on the street.
So we put the tire preassure to between 10- 12 lbs. The harder the tire the less rolling resistance compared to a soft tire.
plus... the extra inch or so you gain from the tire being so full gives you a little more top end too.
Hooking up isnt a problem on the street.
There are plenty of Banshees down here doing 120mph plus (120 is the benchmark for these nuts) and i have never seen a tire blow
on a top speed run. Thank God. But I dont think its too much preassure for a couple of runs.
Put your tires to like 10lbs and do a top speed run then deflate them to like 5lbs and try again you will probably loose a couple mph.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sorry i must have over looked that, uh iam layed all the way down w/ the brain bucket on. tire are inflated to 6 psi.. so i should be hitting 83+.. but i did say it was windy and had a head wind, plus i dont think a gps is going to be the best acurate method.. my dobeck is set about perfect, good plug color so this shouldnt be an issue.. i really dont care to much about top speed since i like to do more mx and trails riding, but if i were to race someone "headsup style", i wanna know i will chew them up and spit them out for others to have.. but this winter iam gonna go w/ a piston, p&p, and cam setup..

·
Registered
390 Posts
Why would you not trust the gps? I know they are a little laggy, so you need a longer stretch of closed road or dry lake bed.

·
Registered
793 Posts
rappinitup700 said:
There are plenty of Banshees down here doing 120mph plus (120 is the benchmark for these nuts) and i have never seen a tire blow
on a top speed run. Thank God.
Are you serious?! I would have to see that. Not saying that you are lying. What kinds of mods it takes to do something like that on a banshee?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts