Raptor Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Ice4me.... It is an awsome sight to see believe me. These idiots dont even ware a helmet when they do it either.
My friend Jorge has a banshee that does 128mph... On Knobby tires !!!! These below... allmost bald..

http://www.dunlopatv.com/cfmx/web/dunlopatv/tiredetail.cfm?tireid=51

I have seen top speed runs of 105mph, 118mph, 120mph, 122mph, 125mph... I did not see the 128mph.
The shop that Mods all these Banshees is "99 Performance". Owned by Peat . All these guys care about is going fast..
They race for big $ on the street. I have seen the total pot get up to $20,000 in about 10 minutes of everyone throwing down bets.. Dude these people love to waste money.
I have even seen foot races break out for $1000 a pop. Some of the guys are in the NFL and like to start talking shit and blowing $. ( cant mention names obviously)

The next big race is going to be a Bombardier DS 650 with a R1 motor, against a drag banshee. It has been a long awaited battle. I will try to film for you guys...

·
Registered
912 Posts
i think you may need more than re-gearing to run with those boyz. rappinitup700 please get some video for us. thanks! 8)

·
Registered
793 Posts
CAROLINA_700R said:
i think you may need more than re-gearing to run with those boyz. rappinitup700 please get some video for us. thanks! 8)
I was just about to say the same thing. ???

·
Registered
331 Posts
I will get some video this weekend if I am able to get my bike by sunday when they go ride.
As many of you know... my bike was one of the ones that the fuel injector went bad and it flooded.
resulting in my ring/seals getting screwed up. valves out of whack too.
They are fixing it as I speak and Pete says he will give it back to me doing around 103mph.
More than enough for me.. I believe him b/c it was doing 98 running crappy.
He has already been able to do it with another raptor 700 with the same mods.
i hope mine runs like that too.
He really liked the new injector from Geisick. Says he can really work with it.

Yamaha_Man20032365 said:
i've heard of Raptors running in the 100's how is this possible?
We were talking about Banshees..Not Raptors. What do you mean how is this possible ?
Guys remember.... Banshees with ALOT of work are STUPID fast.. Way faster than raptors with the big 3 and a big block/port.
On the street it is even more insane b/c they get the power down.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
i would have to say the banshee is the all time altimate quad to have for all out top speed.. but back to my top speed, i have a cheap walmart variety of gps, their are times it takes 10 mins to collect info from the satilites... plus the gear top speed calculator i posted a few days back show i should have had a top speed of 90 mph, @ 8000 rpm... what is the stock rev limit w/ speed sensor out??? if this is the case i was on the limiter because is was wound out and not making anymore power, and if that were the case i was actually doing somthing around 90.. what you all think??

·
Super Moderator NW Raptor Rally Coordinator
1,379 Posts
rappinitup700 said:
Ice4me.... It is an awsome sight to see believe me. These idiots dont even ware a helmet when they do it either.
My friend Jorge has a banshee that does 128mph... On Knobby tires !!!! These below... allmost bald..

http://www.dunlopatv.com/cfmx/web/dunlopatv/tiredetail.cfm?tireid=51

I have seen top speed runs of 105mph, 118mph, 120mph, 122mph, 125mph... I did not see the 128mph.
The shop that Mods all these Banshees is "99 Performance". Owned by Peat . All these guys care about is going fast..
They race for big $ on the street. I have seen the total pot get up to $20,000 in about 10 minutes of everyone throwing down bets.. Dude these people love to waste money.
I have even seen foot races break out for $1000 a pop. Some of the guys are in the NFL and like to start talking shit and blowing $. ( cant mention names obviously)

The next big race is going to be a Bombardier DS 650 with a R1 motor, against a drag banshee. It has been a long awaited battle. I will try to film for you guys...
Pleas film it I would love to see that. We have some crazy fast banshees in Oregon as well but i will keep my new raptor :thumbsup:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I dont have the three mods.I have intake,programmer,no spark arrestor,unplugged speed sensor, and 22's. My top speed is 84mph.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Quadman, that is an awsome top speed for what you have on your bike. congrats.
she is really dialed in perfectly.
Must be nice to know she is gonna get even faster with a pipe..

·
Registered
206 Posts
i have run a lot of 97 mph runs with a record of hitting the 100 mph and thats with a corrected speed meter .. only 3 mods BEFORE p&p .. ;) the revstop kicks in at about 88 mph in 4th :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
163 Posts
rappinitup700 when will ur bike be runing i like to give it a try with my i also have a raptor ......i live in broward... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's what I got going on: 3 mod alba kit, 15t front, 36t rear, no airbox lid, unplugged speed sensor, running 100 octane gas, and I gps it at 87 mph and I'm weighing in at 245. Flat out runs made in south Florida at an elevation of +14 ft. above sea level with some light winds. Stock tire size with 5 psi.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
well guys i decided to completely unplug my speedo, before i had it wire into my throttle switch i made, and thought i may have done somthing wrong.. but i wasnt wrong, the absolute top speed is at 80.4 mpg on the gps. but the thing is i dont have a prodesign intake on, just the stock filter w/ open box.. i know my sig said i have the filter kit i just havent had time to put it on.. will the stock filter really hold me back roughly 4-5 mph. plus the motor sounds to me like it is toped out hitting a rev limit, but i just might have to live w/ 80 flat.. what do you all think..

·
Registered
331 Posts
NOS700r, hopefully I will be ready for this weekend. You should come down and check out the trails down by Homestead speedway.
Perfectly legal and lots of fun spots to ride. Sure we can have a go.... I have only raced 1 other 734 rappy before..I won, but the other rider weighed about 50 lbs more and had holeshot HD's. So wasnt really fair. Ill PM you on Friday if im going.

·
Registered
29 Posts
:help:sorry to ask such a stupid question new to the site and just got my bike, but what are the 3 mod top speed?????????????

·
Registered
735 Posts
its nice to know that my 660 with the mods I have can keep up with all of you at 91mph (up one tooth on the front for gearing) and still lift the front in 5th just using throttle.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts