Raptor Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Does a run count if it's in the back of a chevy? :lol:. I'm just curious about the test variables, I see some guys are using Vapor and some GPS. I think personally I trust the GPS. My buddy has a 350 Rappy and his trail-tech says he's doing 77 mph across a cornfield! Obviously I scream past him, by ALOT. I currently have a thread going about GPS vs. Vapor. We measured tire size for calibration rechecked 3 times. I know some guys have riden next to a car to verify speed readings, just wondering if this is a bigger variable than the mods? IMO GPS is off a few clicks, but it seems if you did, say, 10 runs and took an average- it be pretty darn accurate. I plan to get GPS soon, just wondering my top speed. Pretty expensive little speedo :lol:

·
Registered
735 Posts
yeh, but it can be used for so much more. I use mine to mark hunting spots, nice to pattern deer sign. It has came in handy creating trails...its nice to know that you are only 100 yrds from a main rd. I havent really needed because I was lost. I have used it to mark the channels in the river so we dont get stuck in the shallow crap when really running it.

They are acurate enough. when we tested it in the car, it was right on. when tested the same runs on the Raptor with gps and police radar.. maybe +- 1-2 mph if that.

I also use it to mark property lines. You can use waypoint averaging to get a more precise mark if you use it for boundry marking. I have also marked my sewr water telephone lines on my property with mine (afer calling dig wrong)

The altitude feature and electronig compass is also handy. If you cannot get a satalite signal, the compass still works. Spare batteries are a must for any electric toys you bring in the woods, camera etc

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ice4me said:
rappinitup700 said:
There are plenty of Banshees down here doing 120mph plus (120 is the benchmark for these nuts) and i have never seen a tire blow
on a top speed run. Thank God.
Are you serious?! I would have to see that. Not saying that you are lying. What kinds of mods it takes to do something like that on a banshee?
hey man if you never seen a 120mph banchee riding around in the street you aint from miami...lol
i lived in carol city for 20 years and thats all you see , as a matter of fact my neighbor has a 115 mph banchee but he has ALOT of money into the bike and heruns race fuel .

41 - 47 of 47 Posts