Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
***Wildland Firefighter***
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I talked to Rocket factory not too long ago ( local in Reno) and they have a package price for LTE duals, custom intake, and PCIII, installed and dyno tuned by them for $1600. Is this a good deal or would it be better for me to just buy all of these seperate and install them myself? I know I could save a few hundred dollars by doing the latter, but would it be worth it to have it professionally installed and dyno tuned by them?

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Install yourself and take it to get it dynoed after with the money you save. It will easily save you $200+. Plus you will get to know your bike. Download the manual, take your time and you will be fine. Any one on here will be glad to help you if you get stuck with something.

·
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DrDsRaptor said:
Install yourself and take it to get it dynoed after with the money you save. It will easily save you $200+. Plus you will get to know your bike. Download the manual, take your time and you will be fine. Any one on here will be glad to help you if you get stuck with something.

·
Registered
497 Posts
DrDsRaptor said:
I agree. Knowing your bike makes this stuff a lot more fun. Most of the quality stuff you hear about on this site is well engineered and goes together easily. Basic metric hand tools are all that is needed for the 3 mods.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Do the Math, full retail on the LTE's is 729.00 they can be had for 650.00 to 700.00 shipped the PCIII is 249.00 from fuel moto. A good pro flo filter & adapter can be had for 100.00 and a dyno tuned custom map can be obtained from a forum member for zilch, nada, nothing ;)
Lets review: for 1049.00 (figured on 700.00 for the LTE's you may find them cheaper) you can buy these yourself and install them and load my free map that will make you grin or you can spend 1,600 and maybe get 1/2 more HP by having the map tuned to your exact bike.
That's 551.00 more dollars for maybe a 1/2 hp increase over the freebie map that's been proven to work very well on 98% of the peeps 700R's that have loaded it. You decide which is the better deal ;)

·
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RaptorRandy27 said:
Do the Math, full retail on the LTE's is 729.00 they can be had for 650.00 to 700.00 shipped the PCIII is 249.00 from fuel moto. A good pro flo filter & adapter can be had for 100.00 and a dyno tuned custom map can be obtained from a forum member for zilch, nada, nothing ;)
Lets review: for 1049.00 (figured on 700.00 for the LTE's you may find them cheaper) you can buy these yourself and install them and load my free map that will make you grin or you can spend 1,600 and maybe get 1/2 more HP by having the map tuned to your exact bike.
That's 551.00 more dollars for maybe a 1/2 hp increase over the freebie map that's been proven to work very well on 98% of the peeps 700R's that have loaded it. You decide which is the better deal ;)
I was leaning more in that direction anyways, just cause I didn't want to spend more than I need to. It looks like I may have a good use for my tax return! Thanks for the input and future help guys.

·
Registered
584 Posts
$1600 :eek:! Hell my 3 mods didnt cost over $650.

·
Registered
213 Posts
lol my exhaust costs $659... im not gloating im just trying not to be depressed about dropping an extra couple grand in parts for the four wheeler. its kinda like crack i guess, at first your like " o hey, why dont i pop the sparky out? maybe order an airbox lid too..." next thing ya know its "alright i think its time to strip it down, get the motor bored and stroked, frame powdercoated, and upgrade from the DMC duals to the LTE's cause ive heard their a lil faster." i think im gonna go sign up for Modders Anonymous... :help:

oh ya... umm i would say do it yourself cause if you dont know, its a great learning experience, and if you do know, you can do it your way and make sure its right! Plus that extra 600 bucks can go torwards more stuff to make it faster.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Buck said:
Blownhotrodder said:
Your 3 mods also didnt include LTE duals, PCIII, and a professional install and dyno tune by Rocket factory either..
I hear ya, enjoy them mods 8).

·
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Blownhotrodder said:
Buck said:
Blownhotrodder said:
Your 3 mods also didnt include LTE duals, PCIII, and a professional install and dyno tune by Rocket factory either..
I hear ya, enjoy them mods 8).
Thanks I will If I ever can afford to do it! Hopefully soon

·
Registered
584 Posts
Dude, Capital One...."Whats in YOUR wallet?" :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.