Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ride 09 Rappy 700 +5stroker,105.5mm with 11.5comp,mild port with 5050cam,dmc force 4 duals,fci w/box,pc5controller

So Im wondering If i will cee any gains from adding a +3Tb ? Would I benefit from a bigger injector?

·
Registered
555 Posts
will you see any gains from a +3TB = yes
bigger injector = idk, you're close to reaching the limits of the stock one. dyo guys should know where the threshold is.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Yeah but you'd see more with a 54mm TB on a 778cc engine.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I run the 54tb and it really opens it up up top. I can now reach my rev limiter in 5th gear at 15/36 I'm at just over 80hp and this my trail ride.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
I am also looking in to a port and polish and TB. With the mods I have, what would you professionals recommend. I'm shooting for relieablety so I won't be doing a stroke or bore, but I will be going for a 11.5/1 piston later when the stock one gets tired. I still want to run on pump (91 oct) gas. Any thoughts will be appreatied.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Is it worth the price for a 54 or 58?
54 will be great for your set up, and also for later if you want to go up on piston. However, the 58 is just over kill IMO, especially if you're not running a 800cc+ quad. Even then, I think 58 put out better dyno #'s, but during the actual drag races, the quad lost tons of throttle response. They went back to a 54. ;)

Oh, and upgrade the injector to a "blue" one.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
I am also looking in to a port and polish and TB. With the mods I have, what would you professionals recommend. I'm shooting for relieablety so I won't be doing a stroke or bore, but I will be going for a 11.5/1 piston later when the stock one gets tired. I still want to run on pump (91 oct) gas. Any thoughts will be appreatied.
Same 54 TB with blue injector, +1, or +2 on the valves while your already doing the head work. :cool:

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
What are you doing with the quad? (ie trails, drags) I run a +3 on my 770 and it will pull all to the top with 15-36... I would like to try a 54, but it's a lot of money.. I know that some HP is on the table but as a trail quad with 75+ hp it's ok with me..

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
If you sell your FCI and stock TB that would probably cover close to half the cost of a 54 which usually comes with an intake. Put the $250 you were going to spend on the +3 and injector, add in a few truckstop handies and BAM! Dat shits yours! :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
i do mostly whooped trails, jumps, duning and of corse the time to time up hill drag. what kind of intake comes with the 54 mm? cause i really like my FCI. would't there just be a addaptor to fit the tb to the fci?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Nah 54's intake will swallow the FCI one. I've ran both the 54 intake is huge I mean huge.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts