Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it really worth it to get a bigger throttle body for bolt ons and a cam? I am new to the raptor game but i have been around to the internal combustion game for a while. In my past experience a throttle body upgrade does little to no effect on your proformance, unless you have upgraded your engine to move air than the throttle body is designed for. For right now i just want to do the big 3 and most likely a cam and i don't wanna spend money on a bored out stock throttle body that would get replaced if i decide to really dig into the engine later down the line. I have a 2019 and ride both ttails and dunes, basically any where i can go ride, i will go.

·
Premium Member
2,571 Posts
Is it really worth it to get a bigger throttle body for bolt ons and a cam? I am new to the raptor game but i have been around to the internal combustion game for a while. In my past experience a throttle body upgrade does little to no effect on your proformance, unless you have upgraded your engine to move air than the throttle body is designed for. For right now i just want to do the big 3 and most likely a cam and i don't wanna spend money on a bored out stock throttle body that would get replaced if i decide to really dig into the engine later down the line. I have a 2019 and ride both ttails and dunes, basically any where i can go ride, i will go.
Yes, a +3mm throttle body is a notable difference when also doing a cam.
Hotcam 3, +3mm throttle body, fuel customs intake, good exhaust, and tuner should be around 61-63hp. Without the larger throttle body, the top end that the cam just made available suffers. Plus they’re under $200.

The +3mm supports mid 70s hp. Anything above that youde want to change to a 54mm. The 50mm is kinda pointless.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I been seeing the 47 tb for 270 shipped, They also had a 75 core refund, but i wouldn't be cashing i n on that. I guess i will try to wait untill i get a few more oil changes out of it b4 i decide to mess with it. I am really itching to get the big 3 but dont wanna tuned twice.

·
Premium Member
2,571 Posts
I been seeing the 47 tb for 270 shipped, They also had a 75 core refund, but i wouldn't be cashing i n on that. I guess i will try to wait untill i get a few more oil changes out of it b4 i decide to mess with it. I am really itching to get the big 3 but dont wanna tuned twice.
You could run a canned tune on your big 3 setup as it wouldn’t be as picky as an engine with further mods; then get it on a dyno when you do more.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could run a canned tune on your big 3 setup as it wouldn’t be as picky as an engine with further mods; then get it on a dyno when you do more.
by canned tune you mean one of those generic tunes tqs sends out with his big 3 kit?

·
Premium Member
2,571 Posts
by canned tune you mean one of those generic tunes tqs sends out with his big 3 kit?
Yes. Most places you buy a fuel controller from will supply you with maps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have an 18 with big 3, +3 TB and HC3, and it is night and day difference between stock. The thing rips now. I don't know what it would be like with everything but the TB, but I do know this is a potent combo. Plus its relatively inexpensive and easy to install. I would highly recommend it.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I have an 18 with big 3, +3 TB and HC3, and it is night and day difference between stock. The thing rips now. I don't know what it would be like with everything but the TB, but I do know this is a potent combo. Plus its relatively inexpensive and easy to install. I would highly recommend it.
Yessir. Throw a hi-comp piston in there and i bet shed crack 60hp... i like to call that build "the rediculous 6"

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,571 Posts
Yessir. Throw a hi-comp piston in there and i bet shed crack 60hp... i like to call that build "the rediculous 6"

His combo is over 60 on stock piston in a 15+. They’re generally 61-63 on the dyno with the “big 5”

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
His combo is over 60 on stock piston in a 15+. They’re generally 61-63 on the dyno with the “big 5”
Nice! I want one of these newer rappys.... maybe some day

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hello Guys, Is there any detailed info how to uninstall and install a throttle body? I want to send mine stock to be bore +3mm. I was looking on this forum and on internet and cant find too much info like an "step by step" working procedure. Should I need to disconect battery before disconect the sensors? Any help will be very much appreciated since Im not a mechanic and dont have someone near to me to do the job I must send it literally 1000km for the work and cant travel neither because of COVID-19, so I must do the unistall and install by myself and send the TB for the work. Will be waiting for any help! thank you.
(I already have Big 3 full exhaust with Autotune planning on doing hotcam3 too)

·
Super Moderator
8,011 Posts
It’s pretty simple to do it, just follow the step by step procedure in the manual. If you don’t have one, pm me a valid email I can send one over to.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It’s pretty simple to do it, just follow the step by step procedure in the manual. If you don’t have one, pm me a valid email I can send one over to.
It will be great and very much appreciated! My email is: [email protected], please let me know here when you send it so I double check my email in case it goes to spam folder.
Thank you! Im planning to do it tomorrow :)

·
Super Moderator
8,011 Posts
It will be great and very much appreciated! My email is: [email protected], please let me know here when you send it so I double check my email in case it goes to spam folder.
Thank you! Im planning to do it tomorrow :)
So I forwarded on an email from one I sent out earlier this week to another member. Trying this off my IPad, let me know if you get it. It is the revised edition for 2013 and newer, which I think yours was a newer one correct?

·
Registered
92 Posts
So I forwarded on an email from one I sent out earlier this week to another member. Trying this off my IPad, let me know if you get it. It is the revised edition for 2013 and newer, which I think yours was a newer one correct?
Yes, my bike is 2015. Thank you! I already receive the manual :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts