Raptor Forum banner

30 ft plus trailers

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  kds6_10_05jmd 
My dad has a 32' tilt deck that he uses to haul his bobcat. I've towed it several times pulling cars, trucks, bobcats, and pallates of rock. It's not that difficult at all to navigate, but part of that might be that I also have towed a 21' bayliner (23' trailer) and a 24' flat deck 4 wheeler trailer. To add to the complexity, my truck is a crew cab sliverado with a long bed... almost 20' long all by itself. The main thing with trailers is this: if you can't back them up very well, then you sure as hell better not pull into a place that you cant pull straight through. Otherwise your going to look like an ass. Just remember that a longer load is going to cut the corners a bit, so swing wide, drive slow, signal a lot, and people will be pretty forgiving to you. If you drive it like a sports car, your going to get into an accident. Just practice backing up in areas where there is little danger to your trailer or other cars... like a big parking lot or something. Pick a spot, and try to see if you can put the trailer in that spot perfectly.

-SS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.