Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this? I have heard that a 32mm FCR will swap with the stock Carb. I got one from a CRF150 and went for it. I am having a problem with getting the gas tank to fit all the way down now. The FCR is taller than the stock carb and is holding the tank up. I would appreciate any suggestions from anyone who has done this or has seen it done.
Thanks!

·
Registered
163 Posts
You have to shim the tank and remove the foam from the tank so the plastic fits

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have to shim the tank and remove the foam from the tank so the plastic fits
How much do you have to shim it? The tank is about 2 inches above the mounts on the back right now. Did you turn the carb counter-clockwise a little bit and/or heat up the bottom of the tank and push it in? I have been told that I may have to cut the top of the throttle cable assembly on the carb off to get it all to fit. Do you have any pictures by chance?

·
Registered
163 Posts
No pics but I had to shim about a inch on the back of the tank. Remove foam. I did not clock the carb at all. Your idea of heat the tank is a good one but not sure how that will work for you. sorry I can't help more.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey Ryno8,

I'm actually putting one on right now, they are tough, but they work. You have to heat the gas tank up. I repositioned the throttle cable lower, by making a bracket to bolt to the stock cable mount. I can fit everything under the tank without spacers.

Thanks,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts