Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i just got a 05' three fiddy, and i was wondering if any parts from a 250 fit the 350? not a bunch of options for the 350.. i am wanting to be able to bolt stuff up. not a whole lot of modifying..

also, what are some good parts website? aftermarket mainly..

Thanks, Nick Dietrich!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I'm looking in all the wrong places, im finding things on rocky mountain atv but thats about it.

·
Registered
893 Posts
What parts are you looking for? There are lots of bolt on parts available for the 350. Rockymountain doesn't offer a lot but look on E-Bay and other places and you will find more.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Soo much in eBay! I ordered one thing from RMATV for my 350, a sprocket lol, their selection for 350 parts is verrry slim. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Dennis kirk usually for me. If your looking for a certain part feel free to pm me i usually know where things can be found

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Beaslty, Im not looking for anything in particular. I like to window shop to decide on things I would do to my rappy.. I do plan on trail riding it thru the woods. how are these for that, what could make them better? shocks, springs?
I am buying nerf bars this week. I know I need skid plates forsure.

·
Registered
391 Posts
These are great trail quads. Very torquey. Skid plates and nerfs are a good idea. In the way of shocks theres not too many options. You could go the elka shocks route but thats $500+ If your still running stock tires and rims you will want to upgrade those.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I completly forgot about that. YFZ shocks will work, you could pick a set up for like $150 or so. There's some slight modification involved, and I think you may need longer A-Arms (someone correct me if im wrong)

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Some people say you need a conversion kit, which I disagree with, but it's available from Diamond J Customs. I would run revalved resprung YFZ Shocks before an Elka.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
NO yfz shocks do not work. Ive been there and done that. Rappy your a tool youve never even had that set up so why do you think it works so good. When i did my works/ asr suspension my quad really woke up and made it awesome for the woods

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sweet, Thanks you guys.

It has aftermarket decent tires on it. I will need rims and tires for it so when taxes get back its getting new tread! That brings up my next question, are beadlocks worth it on a quad? and are the gncc holeshots the way to go in the woods.. once I quit being lazy I will post some pictures and let you all really tear it apart!

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
id only get beadlocks if you were racing or had troubles rolling the beads off. otherwise they just add weight. oem wheels are actually very good. itp gncc seem like great tires. i just bought a set to replace the razrs on my quad. if you really want new rims im gonna be selling a super nice set of black itp fronts.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Wow, clean bike, nice! Looks like you may be running stock exhaust with the baffle removed (if it's pretty loud the baffles not in there) Those tires would be okay for trail riding, as long as there is still some tread left. Beadlocks are the most durable rims you could buy. If your not doing SERIOUS rocky, tough terrain riding you shouldn't need them. But it may pay to buy them now rather than waiting until a non beadlock rim breaks and having to buy a new set. Everyone says Holeshots or Maxxis RAZRs for woods riding. I don't really know about that, I run holeshots and I like them but i've never taken them on the trails yet so no comment. You have a parking break blockoff (the blue thing) but you still have the parking break lever on your bars, just saying in case you wanna take it off. And also, you may want a set of bars, those are really helpful in the woods. I'd go Pro Taper or Fly bars. Best bang for your buck...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I ride alot in the mountains of eastern ky, so I believe I'm going to go with beadlocks, my buddy has a set I can get super cheap.

The pictures arent in any order, the complete parking break is removed. That was the first thing I did since the cable was broke.

The exhaust I believe is factory, its not overly loud, its more Throaty then anything.

Which set of fly bars are good. Ive always bought fly so I like them, Im not a fan of realy tall bars since Im a little guy. Any good news on the fasst flex bars?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have Pro Taper Raptor band bars so i'm not sure, I hear great things about Fast Flexx though, although if you like Fly i'd stick with what you know. If the exhaust is throaty you don't have a baffle. It doesn't matter I was just curious :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts