Raptor Forum banner

350 raptor, can I install a 660?

23K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  Dashaun hardy 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2005 Raptor 350 with no motor. Can I install a 660 motor in its place? I am not familiar with yamaha machines so I dont know where to began to look. Thanks

#6 ·
willykiller said:
Good luck, the raptor motor is tall compared to the 350 engine, get a 450, it is smaller and will kick any raptors ass.
the hell if it will :bs: . most heavily modded 450's cant even come close to touching my 70 + horse raptor. lol and im not even close to being done. adding 30 more horse by spring.

#7 ·
fineguy76 said:
willykiller said:
Good luck, the raptor motor is tall compared to the 350 engine, get a 450, it is smaller and will kick any raptors ass.
the hell if it will :bs: . most heavily modded 450's cant even come close to touching my 70 + horse raptor. lol and im not even close to being done. adding 30 more horse by spring.
Maybe he meant 350 Raptors?

This is all too confusing, I wish everyone would just call the 350 what it is... A warrior.

#8 ·
fineguy76 said:
willykiller said:
First he is talking about putting a 660 engine into a Raptor 350 (warrior) frame ( less confusing) and I suggest he put a 450 engine which is smaller, lighter, and a faster engine by all means, now someone is b.s.ing about his 100hp raptor to be. I wonder what kind of Raptor engine can put out 100 hp, 3 times the stock HP rating, anything is possible but why put such an engine into a (warrior) frame. Again I say good luck, some people have wild imaginations, others have wild imaginations and can make it happen.
And I was talking about the 350 Raptor, (warrior) I wouldn't mind seeing a 450 engine in a Raptor (warrior) frame. It would turn a few heads.

#9 ·
willykiller said:
fineguy76 said:
willykiller said:
First he is talking about putting a 660 engine into a Raptor 350 (warrior) frame ( less confusing) and I suggest he put a 450 engine which is smaller, lighter, and a faster engine by all means, now someone is b.s.ing about his 100hp raptor to be. I wonder what kind of Raptor engine can put out 100 hp, 3 times the stock HP rating, anything is possible but why put such an engine into a (warrior) frame. Again I say good luck, some people have wild imaginations, others have wild imaginations and can make it happen.
And I was talking about the 350 Raptor, (warrior) I wouldn't mind seeing a 450 engine in a Raptor (warrior) frame. It would turn a few heads.
first you said a 450 will kick any raptors ass.

second my 700 is 108 big bore 8 mil stroker with 14.1 piston that makes an 843 cc will make 100 horse there buddy. if you dont believe me just ask rocket factory. so dont say that a raptor cant make 3 times the power of stock. im already twice as powerful as stock now.

#11 ·
Well My mistake when I said any Raptor, ( warrior) Raptor 350 is what I meant and good luck on the 100 hp Raptor, I won't bother asking rocket factory about the 100hp engine, I am sure you got it mistaken with one of there rockets that NASA uses.

#13 ·
"just ask rocket factory" :lol:

i dont believe there is any raptor, 660 or 700 to date that has even broken into the 90's without nitrous/turbo.....

low 80's is all ive ever seen

oh and there is a warrior on PS that has an XR650 motor in it. pretty sick. i think the look of the warrior would provide the ultimate sleeper. it would be sweet to put a crf450r motor in one

#14 ·
John said:

i dont believe there is any raptor, 660 or 700 to date that has even broken into the 90's without nitrous/turbo.....

oh and there is a warrior on PS that has an XR650 motor in it. pretty sick. i think the look of the warrior would provide the ultimate sleeper. it would be sweet to put a crf450r motor in one
I've read of alcohol bikes with nitrous making 100hp, and that's about it.

~Brian

#15 ·
fineguy76 said:
willykiller said:
fineguy76 said:
willykiller said:
first you said a 450 will kick any raptors ass.

second my 700 is 108 big bore 8 mil stroker with 14.1 piston that makes an 843 cc will make 100 horse there buddy. if you dont believe me just ask rocket factory. so dont say that a raptor cant make 3 times the power of stock. im already twice as powerful as stock now.
:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

#17 ·
John said:

Maybe I should ask Rocket Factory, but I know what there answer is already, just use common sense, this is not an F1 engine we have here.

#19 ·
not trying to argue, this cylinder just came out and they easily broke the 90's on them. jason from rocket factory will tell ya. wait till we figure them out and get more familiar on them. 100 should be pretty easy to reach. a 450 motor on a 350 would be a interesting build.

a stock raptor bore is a 102 mil.
the big bores that have been out a while are 105 and a 105.5.
this new cylinder is a 108 mil.
on top of that is a cp 12.5 stroker piston with the added 8 mil crank it makes 14.1 compression. yes its NA. and hittin low to mid 90's already.

combined with a 8 mil stroker crankshaft and it turns a 700 which is a 686. into a true 843 cc. the first cylinder gets here just before christmas. so i should have mine by beggining january. they have already been tested on many bikes.

#21 ·
Flynbyu said:
Why not just buy a pre owned Raptor 660/ YFZ 450?

By the time you fabircate, etc. you're going to have the cost of a new bike.

Gees.

~Brian
exactly just buy a used quad that already is set up for that type of power. and is a bigger chassis so it will be more comfortable to ride

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.