Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys was just wondering if anyone seen or has installed a snorkel kit for the raptor i ride down in the swamps in south florida and rivers in central florida and it can get quite wet and muddy so i threw some nasty looking gators on, and the air intake is pretty high but just doesnt cut it. I already have an idea of running a pipe straight from the carb and up past the handlebars any ideas of what kind of jetting i would need or tips for this project anything will help

·
Registered
18 Posts
A snorkel on a Raptor? They probably do not make one for it. You will probably have to fab one up out of some PVC or something. The jetting I would not change if you are running the same filter. A thinner filter will require bigger jets to match the increased air flow and a thicker filter will require smaller jets to match the decreased air flow. Same with the size of the pipe. Try to keep the snorkel the size of the carburetor intake. Same jetting with the diameter of the snorkel. Smaller diameter smaller jets, bigger diameter bigger jets.
Hope this helps.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
hey guys was just wondering if anyone seen or has installed a snorkel kit for the raptor i ride down in the swamps in south florida and rivers in central florida and it can get quite wet and muddy so i threw some nasty looking gators on, and the air intake is pretty high but just doesnt cut it. I already have an idea of running a pipe straight from the carb and up past the handlebars any ideas of what kind of jetting i would need or tips for this project anything will help
You will probably need to lean the jetting down, any kind of snorkel will restrict air flow.............causing a richer fuel mixture...........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts