Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 350 Raptor wont charge the battery. It still runs fine but eventually the battery will need recharged again.You can ride it for a couple months before it needs charged.What could it possibly be??

·
Registered
229 Posts
get a trickle charger. starting the quad takes the most power. if you are not running it long enough to charge for that power used you will eventually drain the battery- cold weather does no help either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ride it alot.But if i dont keep recharging it then it goes completely dead. and itll set there and back fire.One of my friends said it could be the rectifier or stator pickup. but i dont know how to test them. any ideas???

·
Registered
49 Posts
Your battery is only needed to kick over the engine..that's takes most of its juice away if it's a fully charged batt and it keeps going dead after a ride(cooled down) and you try to start and no power your stator is effedd....when your not riding for a while diss con the batt and put it on a piece of timber..if you place it on any other surfaces it drains faster and remember remove negative first when uninstalling batt & negative last when re-installing batt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts