Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 350, bought it off a co-worker, it has problems starting, I bought a new starter solenoid and a new battery and it won’t even do anything. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
do the lights turn on? if not its the fuse it could be the cdi box or even the starter button most yamaha warrior/raptor 350's get a short in starter button

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,549 Posts
Be sure it's in neutral.

Key on.

Jump the solenoid.

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
If it will sometimes try to start and sometimes not i suspect a loose or corroded ground wire

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im having the same issue with my freshly rebuilt one got a test ride out of it an that was it today it started smoking at the battery 06 raptor 350 im going to check my grounds tomorrow or I should say replace them too. Everything is new except the wiring and plastic rebuilt myself an trying to get it figured out but lost with the wiring stuff sorry didnt mean to chime on your forum really need some help on this

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im having the same issue with my freshly rebuilt one got a test ride out of it an that was it today it started smoking at the battery 06 raptor 350 im going to check my grounds tomorrow or I should say replace them too. Everything is new except the wiring and plastic rebuilt myself an trying to get it figured out but lost with the wiring stuff sorry didnt mean to chime on your forum really need some help on this
It’s all good, I’m not big into wiring so I took mine to a shop because I didn’t want to make any mistakes in the wiring

1 - 13 of 13 Posts