Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone im new to this forum, and from what ive been reading on here it seems like everyone on here is pretty helpful.
I have a question, im about to start pulling my 06 raptor 350 apart and im planning to rebuild the top end. is there anything that i need to watch for or is it easy? ive never done one before.
Also how reliable is the JE 366 kit or is better to try to stay stock. The 350 is stock execpt k&n filter and jet kit and the jet kit has been on there since 06 so im not sure what i put on there.
I do alot of trail riding with it so im not really trying to race it.
Any help would be helpful thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess no one can help

·
Registered
185 Posts
im looking to get a 397 kit for mine i trail ride also most people on here will say dont put monmey into a 350 but i do and i love mine try and watch how to videos on youtube to see if it will be hard i know i did it on my buddies 97 125 and it was pretty easy.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Anytime you go with a higher cc engine kit you lose reliability. I hear good things from the 366 kit though. If you have some mechanical ability it shoudln't put up too much of a fight, I'd buy a manual and check back on these forums for any questions you have. Haynes makes a great 350 manual. Good luck with it!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks, I'm glad to there has been good things about the 366. I don't want to go any bigger cause of the reliability. I'm gonna order a manual Friday and watch some videos, I'm a mechanic for Ford but thats alittle different from that to a quad.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone have pics to a raptor 350 ported head?

·
Registered
893 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you midwayusa, those pics will help me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 366 kit is here, now just have to get the cylinder bored. Then its time to put it back together!!!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Let me know what you fel in terms of power increase... I'm interested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts