Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 36t for my rappy from the brand vaz". But i have to take out the whole axle to put the sprocket on. Is there anothet brand that looks like the original, only 36 t.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I got a 40 t rear from Rocky Mountain, brand is Primary Drive, and it fits and looks just like a stocker, only had to pull wheel and sprocket off to replace. Cheap to, was about 18 bucks. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Why would you have to pull the axle just to do a sprocket?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
.....Yeah.....just take the hub and wheel off and it should go right on!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats the problem, hub and wheel are off, but yhe new sprocket is the inner circle smaller than stock. With the stock sprocket is the distance between the tooth and the inner circle smaller than that i now have. So now i have to take out my axle just to put my 36 on. :3question:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Just to make sure I understand, the sprocket wont go over the mount for the sprocket because the inside diameter of the new one is smaller? Try a Dremel grinder or an air powered die grinder with a stone to open the hole up. Just an idea so you didnt waste the money on the sprocket. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
no no no.....I think what he is saying is the new 36 that he bought wont go over the sprocket hub. Its on the outside right now and he cant get it over to the inside so that he can bolt it up.
Kinda weird if you ask me. Why would the inner diameter change? You can't try sliding it over at an angle....or can you just not cut enough angle?

Just so you know, I have heard that a 36 on a yfz gets damn close to the actual sprocket hub, meaning that the teeth are not much higher than the sprocket hub fingers. The problem has been with chains rolling ON the sprocket hub fingers and not only chewing the crap out of the hub/chain...but causing the chain to role off the sprocket.

The 700 and yfz share the same sprocket hub....so, if you do get it to fit, I would make sure your chain is clearing the sprocket hub! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
how are you suppose to take the sprocket hub off the axle.......there has got to be a way, as you can buy replacements for the stock axle!?

If you can figure out how the hub comes off, then you dont have to remove the whole damn thing! :unsure: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Well I was at least thinking what boom said but couldnt find the words. Went out to garage and looked at mine and I think it would be an awefull lot of grinding now in retrospect and could possibly weaken the sprocket. So for now, I, I, I, Oh hell I dunno. Let us know when you figure it out either way. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
look, this is the original. look at space the took away between the 4 bolts. This is the way you can take it off in an angle.

This is the 36. There is an difference. the inner diameter is 12,5 cm. I can't get it over the sprocket hub. So i am looking for a 36 what looks like the oem. Damm aftermarket parts! :mad:

·
Registered
93 Posts
go to rockymountainatv.com and put your raptor 700 in the part search and buy that one, it was easy for me. i swaped out my front and rear in 20min. it is the best mod i have done. 3rd gear pulls so hard that i have to go back to the gym to work on my neck muscles. :grin_nod: :crazy:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's the problem. I'm from europe, and the local dealer can't get me and 36 from renthal or primary drive. :mad:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
wally said:
look, this is the original. look at space the took away between the 4 bolt. This is the way you can take it of in an angle.

This is the 36. There is an difference. the inner diameter is 12,5 cm. I can't get it over the sprocket hub. So i am looking for a 36 what looks like the oem. Damm aftermarket parts! :mad:

yeah...that definately posses a problem! :confused:

Wonder what brand "LHCrappy" is running?

Renthal sprockets are probably one of the best out there....them and sidewinder

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hairballusmaximus said:
Rocky Mountain doesnt service Europe?
They service Australia..... Had several items shipped over, nice and quick with no pain.... Just the way we like it.... :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts