Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what jets the 39 fcr's come with? im getting ready to put my bike on a dyno to tune it but wanted to make sure the shop has the jets i need. i haven't pulled the carbs to see whats in there but im sure the mains are to small. does anyone have a starting point on jets for my setup (mods in sig).
thanks in advance
mike

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
does anyone know what jets the 39 fcr's come with? im getting ready to put my bike on a dyno to tune it but wanted to make sure the shop has the jets i need. i haven't pulled the carbs to see whats in there but im sure the mains are to small. does anyone have a starting point on jets for my setup (mods in sig).
thanks in advance
mike
With no airbox...............
172 175 mains with OCEMR needles and 55 pilots..............

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks willy. what are the needles that come in it? do you know of a good spot to order the ocemr needles from
thanks again
mike

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks willy, i didnt have the time to research jetting cause i waited to long to get everything together before throwing it on the dyno.
thanks again
p.s. next winter i need 2 more plugs added, so ill be in touch
mike

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dam i pulled the carbs off and had 160 in both, now i know why it liked less timing and didnt pull on the top end the way i thought it would. new jets ordered so we will see.
mike

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
dam i pulled the carbs off and had 160 in both, now i know why it liked less timing and didnt pull on the top end the way i thought it would. new jets ordered so we will see.
mike
At what rpm do you think that the power falls off.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im just guessing but maybe 5000. i only have 3 hrs on the motor.
it starts great, idles great and has impressive power thru the midrange so im swaping the mains and we will see.
i also am switching to a vp race gas and have some custom ignition curves that im going to be trying again.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
im just guessing but maybe 5000. i only have 3 hrs on the motor.
it starts great, idles great and has impressive power thru the midrange so im swaping the mains and we will see.
i also am switching to a vp race gas and have some custom ignition curves that im going to be trying again.
5000 rpm isn't really that high in the rpm range, really only about half throttle. What type of timing curves are you using. How many degrees maximum and what is the rev limiter set at.........

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if memory serves stock timing is 37 and the one i wanted to try is at 45 degrees. i think the rev limiter is 9 or 9500 i dont remember for positive.
mike

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
What jets come in it depend on where the carbs came from (distributor) and what machine they were ordered for. You may have said raptor 660, but that doesn't mean you got the Sudco raptor 660 conversion kit.

Mine came with a pair of 160's also IIRC, and my carbs were ordered for one of the bike versions, the mz I think. The needles and 55 pilots are fairly standard though.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mine came with 160 in both and switching to a more advance timing curve and going to 172/175 really made the bike come to life.
mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts