Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have 4-snow on my Raptor 700. So my question is, must I run with 4-snow in forward or reverse side in snow???

Some guys said to me, put it on reverse side in snow. But, I find the tread design in reverse side jack the Raptor to offen. So I tried in forware side, I have found less traction but maybe the raptor would run better in snow... So I'm confuse...

Witch sense for 4-snow in snow??? Running in 4-wheel winter track and not tracked place...

Thanks,

·
Registered
305 Posts
:3question: Now thats hard to read. :3question:

edit: Never mind i think it makes sense to me.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Well... I have never used that tire, but the website says to run them scooped side for snow, and run the tire filped (or reverse) for ice.

" Reversible tread design offers optimum traction: scoop for snow and backside for increased contact surface on ice. "

·
Registered
43 Posts
remember that when your on the flipped side its harder to brake with the rear brake. I prefer some 22" tires with stud than 4 snow, zipper or prowedge!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
integlikewhoa said:
:3question: Now thats hard to read. :3question:

edit: Never mind i think it makes sense to me.
Sorry for my bad English, I'm a french person and I was so Tired when I post my question!!! :p

Maxxis whrote:

It features a reversible tread design for optimum traction on snow and ice. The soft compound remains flexible in cold weather for better grip.

Reversible tread design offers optimum traction: scoop for snow and backside for increased contact surface on ice.

If I understand well, reversible tread design, well the wheel would be reverse to be good in snow. But, afther that, maxxis whrote : scoop for snow and backside for ice... Scoop is on " forward" or "reverse" side??? :3question: :3question:

·
Registered
305 Posts
You want to scoops on top the tire to be facing forward and the scoop on the bottom of the tire to be facing backwards.
So when the tire turns the scoop will come around to the bottom and scoop the snow toward the back of the bike. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
684 Posts
The best snow tire i have ever run is a GBC mud shark they do awsome in the snow. And on your 4 snow tires I would run them so the v pattern pulls the snow to the middle of the tire and this will help with floatation. If you run them the other way it will let them dig deeper in the snow

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok thanks guys... I will reverse my tires for the next ride to see de difference...

Thanks,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts