I have a 2010 raptor 700R and have installed so far:
DMC Force 4 duals
Monster Intake
EHS racing efi controller
Hotcam stage 2
JE piston 11:1
+5 hotrod crank
DL700 clutch upgrade kit

And now I am thinking about extending my swing arm to a +4 and just wanted some of your guys input if u agree or not I should do it?
The quad is street legal and I ride basically 100% of the time on the street and am always riding hard and also do drag racing time to time. BUT i do like to wheelie, go on the side, maneuver around cars quickly while over taking, and basically all that fun stuff.. but i am not sure if by getting the +4 its going to re-strict me of some of it and make it just a quad for straight line drag racing etc.
If u guys could please help me out I would really really appreciate it!
And 2 more things..
-If I do it, I am going to still be using the stock rear shock but is there anything I should do to it to accommodate the +4 or no?
-Should I add a 15t front sprocket (have one laying home but have never installed it)
Sorry for the long post! Appreciate your guys help so much!
So happy I am a member :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I went in today and ordered my extended swing arm and the comment arose of having to buy a new shock. So the guy called his buddy and he said it all depends how u wanna ride to. Judging by you post u do a lot of hard surface ride. So i would suggest getting a new one to compensate for the extension. I'm going to. Other wise the stock shock may be stretched to fit the swinger and then you will loose alot of your compression /decompression. Which will in turn make ur ride a pain the butt.
Just my opinion. Hope this helps

·
Registered
492 Posts
I just put a heavier spring on mine, and had it rebuilt at the local moto shop. It cost me about $200, I really needed it any way, seeming how I weigh 260 lbs. It's set up for my weight on a +3(it's a pretty big spring). It feels better than stock now(looks better too).

I can lengthen your stock swing arm for a fraction of the price of a new one. $300 For a +4 shipped to the lower 48.

I can still wheelie with my +3 just fine. It maneuvers great aswell.

You will need a longer brake line, and can relocate your p brake to the frame.

My mods are

DMV force 4 dials
Hotcam stage 2
K&n
Pc5
15t front sprocket

Hope I helped!

Darryll

1 - 3 of 3 Posts