Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys so my friend is going to buying a 400ex and well I need to beat him, so what are some mods that I can do to keep up with or beat him, so far I have a 14 sproket, and I’m going to get a fmf slip on and kn air filter, would that be enough to keep up with a 400ex

·
Registered
107 Posts
Pretty sure you won't get much power increase with just a slip on. Think of it like this: the exhaust air will only flow as fast as the smallest part of your exhaust. With a slip on, its the whole front half of your exhaust! Best to go with a full system. Good idea with the air filter. Perhaps you can swiss cheese the lid or even run without it. The more air in and out the better.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Never rode a 350 so i dont know how much power difference there is. As said, full exhaust is better than slip on. Bigger intake, jet kit. After that - headwork, high comp piston, cam if they are available?? Might be cheaper to get something else...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
No full exhausts for the warrior. Get a HMF competition exhaust. You'll need a 396 big bore kit to even keep up. Four Stroke Tech sells it. They are going out of business, don't know if you can get it from them anymore. Next best thing is a Wiseco 85mm 11:1 piston. JE makes a 12.5:1 but needs race gas. Airbox delete, 37mm FCR carb, jet it, Hot Cams Stage 2 or web cams (call for right application).

By then, you would have bought a 450 anyway. 350's are awful to mod. I don't miss mine whatsoever, and it was a full MX build. Waste of money and wish I had the 1000's I spent back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts