Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What parts would be an upgrade for the 660 off the yfz 450?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anything else? i have 09 yfz 450 front shocks and im looking at a couple pair of calipers. the stem is shorter isnt it?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about the rear master? does it make a difference?

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
I did the front calipers and shocks. Since then I have upgraded my shocks but the calipers are a huge ++

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how much of a difference does the stem make? and id just have to get risers to clear the tank.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
well its a lot easier to find an aftermarket stem for a yfz than it is for a raptor 660... just find an aftermarket +1 or 2. go to yfzcentral.com or whatever it is

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh ok. thanks for ur help tommy.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
do i need just the caliper and itll bolt right on the 660 spindle or do i need the whole 450 spindle as well?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
do i need just the caliper and itll bolt right on the 660 spindle or do i need the whole 450 spindle as well?
They bolt right up, the only thing ya gota do is trimm the metal or plastic guard to fit the calipers....

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sweet! is there a write up anywhere? like a how-to? if not i may write one up and take pics

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
The 04-09 yfz 450 brake parts swap, not sure about the 09+ yfzr or yfzx.

The 09yfzr shocks are too long for standard travel a-arms on the 660.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so does that mean i need to get extended a-arms or the stocks will work with the 450 shock mod?

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
I don't know what yfz you're pulling these off. If it's a yfzr you need to buy aftermarket long travel a-arms. if it's a yfz or yfzx the "mod" for clearancing the a-arms and upper shock mounts will work.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think it was a yfz. They came with the bike

1 - 20 of 25 Posts