Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was wondering if anyone knows if a 07 450 shock will work on the 700. I found one cheep and need to know if it will work on the rappy. :help:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
RipnRaptor said:
Hi I was wondering if anyone knows if a 07 450 shock will work on the 700. I found one cheep and need to know if it will work on the rappy. :help:
Are you by any chance talking about that rear one on ebay that says it will fit the 700? If so it will not, I emailed that guy already and told him he needs to change his auction cause he is wrong.

Front 450 fitting 700 = yes
Rear 450 fitting 700 = No

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah that would be the one. He said he wasent shure either. Dose anyone know what the diff is?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info guys, I guess I'll have to spend the big bucks to get a good rear shock. What aftermarket shock is the best value? I know the fox podium is around 850 and the elka is around 1500 i think, what other shocks would be a good option to go with.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you have their web site link handy? I might do that if it wont cost too much. I dont really want to put alot of money into a stock shock. Thanks ATC

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
RipnRaptor said:
Do you have their web site link handy? I might do that if it wont cost too much. I dont really want to put alot of money into a stock shock. Thanks ATC
They do a great job but they are kinda pricey.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
RipnRaptor said:
It will not be stock when it comes back :)
TCS CONVERSION PACKAGES ARE AN ECONOMICAL WAY FOR YOU TO UPGRADE YOUR ATV’S SUSPENSION FOR A FRACTION OF THE COST OF NEW COMPONENTS. AFTER COMPREHENSIVE DISASSEMBLY AND INSPECTION PROCEDURES YOUR SHOCK BODIES ARE SENT OUT FOR HARD ANODIZING (WHERE APPLICABLE). UPON RECEIVING YOUR ANODIZED PARTS WE BEGIN THE PROCESS OF A COMPLETE REBUILD INCLUDING FRESH SEALS, SHOCK FLUID AND NITROGEN CHARGING. A TCS HIGH FLOW VALVE BODY IS INSTALLED AT THIS TIME AND PROPER VALVING SELECTED FOR YOUR EXACT SPECIFICATIONS. THE FINAL STEP IN THE PROCESS IS THE SELECTION AND INSTALLATION OF THE PROPER SPRING RATES AND CROSS-OVER RING HEIGHTS FOR YOUR INDIVIDUAL NEEDS.

List price is $325 to $450.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is the price for a complete rebuild and revalve of the shock with the correct mount for the bottom, correct? I was wondering if you could just change the bottom mount and be ok with the stock valving? I wasnt really looking to put 500 to 600 in a shock right know, I just found one real cheep with the hi lo speed setting and thought it would be a good upgrade for a couple hundred bucks. How would that revalved tcs shock compare to the name brand top of the line shocks out there.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
RipnRaptor said:
That is the price for a complete rebuild and revalve of the shock with the correct mount for the bottom, correct? I was wondering if you could just change the bottom mount and be ok with the stock valving? I wasnt really looking to put 500 to 600 in a shock right know, I just found one real cheep with the hi lo speed setting and thought it would be a good upgrade for a couple hundred bucks. How would that revalved tcs shock compare to the name brand top of the line shocks out there.
No no no... That is the price for converting your Raptor 700 rear shock to high allmighty status. No need for the 450 shock. In my opinion the only shocks that I would rather have than a TCS would be Custom Axis, Pep, or maybe a proffesionally massaged Ohlins unit.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My bad you copied and pasted that from the tcs site de da deee. :lol:

·
Registered
965 Posts
RipnRaptor said:
Well here is the shock that I was wondering about, I didnt win it so no big deal I guess. More info for the next time I guess, its all good.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=190077851194&rd=1&rd=1
No, no....you do NOT want a YFZ rear shock. Unless you want to get into some expensive, custom fabrication...it will not fit on the Raptor.

The TCS upgrade makes the 700's shock comparable to a top of the line aftermarket shock, at less than half the price...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.