Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replacing casings after losing a rod through the cases. Found a good set of cases. It has a stroker kit in it by Cray Craft. Split the case and I don't like the end play on the rod. He clearanced the cases for a 727 stroker kit. Issue is he ground down the stampings off the rod and piston. The piston is a CP with xp104 under the bottom but the part number was ground off the pin goes. And there is no number on the rod. I was unsuccessful finding him to discuss. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2005 Raptor 660 (bored to 672)
16 Posts
Replacing casings after losing a rod through the cases. Found a good set of cases. It has a stroker kit in it by Cray Craft. Split the case and I don't like the end play on the rod. He clearanced the cases for a 727 stroker kit. Issue is he ground down the stampings off the rod and piston. The piston is a CP with xp104 under the bottom but the part number was ground off the pin goes. And there is no number on the rod. I was unsuccessful finding him to discuss. Any suggestions?
Have you measured the piston diameter? That should give you an indication of what to search for with the CP name. e.g. “102 CP piston” to confirm on google images whether the markings underneath the piston matches, to let you know which piston you have (high compression piston or stock compression piston).

If it is a 727 stroker like he said, you should have a 102mm piston and a +5mm stroke (achieved by moving the pin on the crankshaft more to the outside and could also be using a shorter rod than stock).

A +4mm stroke with a 102mm piston gives you a 719 and not a 727 (the 727 has a +5mm stroke increase). Check the bore stroke displacement graph: 660 Displacement Bore Stroke Chart

I am unfamiliar with the Cray Craft stroker kit. A 102mm piston can be used with the stock sleeve (no need to clearance the cases - unless you have a bigger cylinder or a longer cylinder that would support the extra stroke).

Something doesn’t line up with your numbers, just check that.

What is your question? Do you want advice on the cheapest replacement? Do you want to rebuild with the exact same parts?

Search for the differences between the 727 and the 719/720, it has been well documented on here.

Hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts