Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 SE, I can ride wheelies sitting down from 1st all the way to 4th on the road. But when I'm on the road or fast trackin it I can't get the front end to come up w/ gassin it or poppin the cluth. I see other friends get theirs up no problem in the woods but mine won't come up ? My buddies stock raptor will come up in 5th gear when he is sitting down goin through the woods, i want that :( I weigh 175

·
Registered
429 Posts
Timing! The higher you are in the rpm range the tougher it is kinda like a hi-speed wheelie on a sport bike the faster you go the more fineese it takes. A good chop of the trottle with a tug on the bars will bring the front up nicely. The only thing sucks about 5th gear wheelies is the speed limiter!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I can pull it up in 3rd and shift to 4th and then to 5th if the straightaway is long enough. You run out of room pretty quick in 4th to 5th. You have to have a nice flat long straight to do it.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Before I switched to 15T I could bring it up in fourth but not fifth. Now Fourth is hard but possible. I usually start in 2nd and end up in fourth by the end of the wheelie. I wouldn't worry yours sounds fine.

* Take some air out of your tires to wheelie on pavement.

·
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
His is stock, just boggles my mind how he can do it, lol...i watch him and he sits on the seat normal.

·
Registered
841 Posts
GEARHEAD9969 said:
Timing! The higher you are in the rpm range the tougher it is kinda like a hi-speed wheelie on a sport bike the faster you go the more fineese it takes. A good chop of the trottle with a tug on the bars will bring the front up nicely. The only thing sucks about 5th gear wheelies is the speed limiter!
In 5th it better be a nice chop of the throttle (along with some clutch) and a real nice tug........the speed limiter isnt a real big issue as long as your close or at bp :thumbsup:

Sry man but i dont see your friend bringin it up in 5th (in the woods at that)..and with "no probelm" :lol:...not tryin to be a dick

06700GUY said:
5th gear wheelies through the woods........that just sounds like a painful outcome to me :'( Good Luck!
Thinkin the same thing :lol:

·
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know I saw what I saw, 5th gear, we were in a flat straightaway trail down at Kentucky Lake OHV. I asked him if he was tuggin and he said no, just popping the clutch, I don't believe it myself, cuz I tried the same shit next time we went out and I couldn't get close to the shit he did as far as 5th gear pull up wheelies :( I guess I'll have to take a vid next time :crazy:

·
Registered
644 Posts
StuntPunkJames said:
GEARHEAD9969 said:
In 5th it better be a nice chop of the throttle (along with some clutch) and a real nice tug........the speed limiter isnt a real big issue as long as your close or at bp :thumbsup:

Sry man but i dont see your friend bringin it up in 5th (in the woods at that)..and with "no probelm" :lol:...not tryin to be a dick

06700GUY said:
5th gear wheelies through the woods........that just sounds like a painful outcome to me :'( Good Luck!

Im with SPJ..... no wheelie's in 5th..... especially not sitting down.

Sounds like ur friend is pullin ur chain..... :slap:

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
BigGixxerJim said:
StuntPunkJames said:
GEARHEAD9969 said:

06700GUY said:

I agree, my 780 that's putting over 73 HP to the ground and 61 + llbs of TQ don't just come up in 5th with me sitting on the seat and that's with the speed limiter disconnected :crazy:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Only way i see this happening is by gearing it, you can wheelie anything in any gear with the proper gearing...my buddy had a gixxer 6 back in the garbage can size sprocket days that he could pull up from a dead stop in 3rd gear...it was about the size of his rear rim, 72 tooth

·
Registered
22 Posts
Some ppl are just good at wheelies. Maybe hes stronger than you thats why he can yank the bars back.

I can't wheelie my blaster past 4th gear but my friend brings it up in 6th.

·
Registered
841 Posts
2003blaster said:
Some ppl are just good at wheelies. Maybe hes stronger than you thats why he can yank the bars back.

I can't wheelie my blaster past 4th gear but my friend brings it up in 6th.
Been stunt riding bikes for about 3 years and its the damn wheelies that get me :lol: In 5th gear its not just about yankin the bars to pull it up it takes CLUTCH (not only clutch but the right timing with clutch and pull) and even with the 3 mods on my 700 I cant get it up past 4th without standing up and putting my foot in the bar

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
BigGixxerJim said:
StuntPunkJames said:
GEARHEAD9969 said:

06700GUY said:

I agree, my 780 that's putting over 73 HP to the ground and 61 + llbs of TQ don't just come up in 5th with me sitting on the seat and that's with the speed limiter disconnected :crazy:

did you have your +4 swing arm on before you did your bore? cuz damn, with power like that and no+4 seems like 5th gear wheelies would be no prob.
i'm stock, can pull it up in 4,and if stand up and give a huge 280 lb flop on the verrry back of the seat ,and pullll reall hard on the bars, i can get it up in 5th...." i can get it up" hahaha, i just caught that!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts