41 - 60 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Dose This Apply On The 660 Also??

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
He 660 has some sort of gear that you take every other toothe of so it doesn't spin fast enough to engage speed limiter.

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Does this apply to 2008 Raptor 700 too ?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
this is kind of funny that im asking this but im color blind..... is that the wire all the way on the edge of the coupler? im asking because i see 2 wires that are almost the same color but i cannot tell if its the one all the way on the edge or like one or 2 wires over?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Hould ggain 3-5 mph

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Thanks,
So if I never ride more than 70 mph I don't need to remove it ?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Nope it don't kick in till 74-75mph I could be wrong double check first.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I don't know why this is such a big deal. Anything more than 70mph is to fast on a quad. You can't steer for crap and if the road dips left or right suddenly, good luck to you. Now if it was a smooth dirt road that isn't as bad. Why do you need 3 or 4 mph more though?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm betting the speed sensor was put in to keep people from holding the throttle wide open in 5th for long periods of time and blowing their engine. If it was only for speed they would make it so you can't rehear your bike. You can still go faster with differant gears with the sensor plugged in.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I don't know why this is such a big deal. Anything more than 70mph is to fast on a quad. You can't steer for crap and if the road dips left or right suddenly, good luck to you. Now if it was a smooth dirt road that isn't as bad. Why do you need 3 or 4 mph more though?
I for one love to push it Wide open and haul ass, no one is forcing anyone to do this and yes it is dangerous to go over "70" but there's no fun in life if you can't push it to the max.....no? and after you get some mods on the bike it'l be more than 3 or 4 mph just the other day i was going down a long sweeping hill and hit 93, made me wish i hadn't sold my F4i

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I for one love to push it Wide open and haul ass, no one is forcing anyone to do this and yes it is dangerous to go over "70" but there's no fun in life if you can't push it to the max.....no? and after you get some mods on the bike it'l be more than 3 or 4 mph just the other day i was going down a long sweeping hill and hit 93, made me wish i hadn't sold my F4i
Amen brother I'm trying to break 120mph at the quarter mile so.

And it's was put there for liability so people don't crash at 80 and die why are most cars governed at 98 or 112 I had a caddy STS a 01 with northstar it went 112 got a reprogramed CPU it'd hit 155 only mod was ceramic breaks and higher speed rated tires. The cdi controlls revs so you don't over rev the engine I thought.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm not bashing anyone or anything, I was just wondering. I could see if you did like drag racing or somethin, why you would need it. Once I get a bunch of mods I'll probably do it to just so if I'm feeling froggy I can open her up on a long stretch. But I'll probably wait cuz 3 or 4 mph and really that impressive. Now with some power mods and a 15 tooth front sprocket, we might be talking some extra speed.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
untill it got cold i was riding it back and forth to work, mostly wide open dirt roads with a 5 mile asphault road. going from my house to the shop at 85 mph is fun :)

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Now I'm sure I won't remove mine :D
Once I hit only 63mph on road with road tires and wheels spacers, you may think road tires make it more stable but not !
Any little hole on the road make the handlebar pull hard in one direction, you can't steer it. Plus if the fenders aren't cutted there's too much wind making it more difficult to steer.

41 - 60 of 249 Posts