Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've shaved the seat pan,spaced the gas tank up, it keeps popping off. It slips right off the head flange or whatever it's called.

I'm open to any and all ideas. It's the new true 54mm with plastic tube from White Knuckle.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Spyder is the intake boot angled like a elbow pipe? It looks to me like it is and you have it turned upside down making the tb angle up

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's right side up cause the injector notch is up top.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
im surprised u havent fixed it yet. i remember u having a issue with the company that did the work. noone else has the new 54mm tb style?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Me to it's really starting to get to
Me.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
well since ive been looking at your sig did u get that off of a firework box? i seen that same logo on a big firework box. lol dont ask me why im saying it now just thought of it again :D

and i hope u figure out the issue soon.

·
8SEVENTY3
1,336 Posts
The intake tube is mounted to the subframe, correct? If so, unbolt it from the subframe and then put your TB on the head and tighten it up and make that part of it 100% happy. Then look at the mount on the intake tube and see where it sitting. If its not perfectly over the mounting hole on the subframe then it needs to be adressed and it is causing your problem. And when mounting the TB to the head it might even take 2 people, one person to push the TB directly into the head while looking inside the TB making sure the TB and the head are as close to one as possible and one person to tighten the clamps up.

It's trying to tell you something, all you have to do is listen.

·
8SEVENTY3
1,336 Posts
And those appear to be stock clamps, make sure the spacer between the gap of the clamp is taken out. The clamp bottoms out on those spacers and you might be able to pull a bit more out of the clamps. Just be sure to not strip the bolt or the nut on the clamp.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks WR I'll try all that when I get back home. I already took out the clamp spacers. I always start up front and work backwards on it. I wish it'd be more direct about what it's saying. I'm not the first with this problem. I know some that's sold there's and went back to +3's because they're to ashamed to ask questions. I'll get it figured out soon I hope I got a rally in 6 weeks it'd suck if I wasn't there.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Maybe see if anyone wants to switch an older metal intake for the plastic one, like a drag racer. But what Tyler said is 100% true. Something's tugging it

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
To me, it seems like somethings up w/ the boot on the head side. that thing shouldnt just pop off the head side when it's fully tightened.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To me, it seems like somethings up w/ the boot on the head side. that thing shouldnt just pop off the head side when it's fully tightened.
That's what I'm thinking it should lock on and stay after tight.

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
That's what I'm thinking it should lock on and stay after tight.

I don't know what the "mod" is to the boot on the TB side, but I know I haev an extra boot layin around somewhere if interested, it'd be on the cheap and cheap.

·
8SEVENTY3
1,336 Posts
I think that there is an issue in the clamp and in the mounting system. The clamp, like I said earlier, should have the spacer removed. And the TB needs to have a lot of pressure applied to the head when the boot is tightened. All of this with the intake removed and looking inside the TB with a flashlight to make sure the head and TB are mating up correctly. Then once the intake and filter are on, grab the filter and move it up and down a couple inches rocking the TB up and down to find the spot where you have the least resistance. Once you have found the sweet spot for the filter, check the mount and proceed accordingly. I have a metal intake and we cut the mount and totally moved it into a different spot, I do have a half inch spacer under my cylinder though.

·
"Sand Hustler"
1,644 Posts
I think that there is an issue in the clamp and in the mounting system. The clamp, like I said earlier, should have the spacer removed. And the TB needs to have a lot of pressure applied to the head when the boot is tightened. All of this with the intake removed and looking inside the TB with a flashlight to make sure the head and TB are mating up correctly. Then once the intake and filter are on, grab the filter and move it up and down a couple inches rocking the TB up and down to find the spot where you have the least resistance. Once you have found the sweet spot for the filter, check the mount and proceed accordingly. I have a metal intake and we cut the mount and totally moved it into a different spot, I do have a half inch spacer under my cylinder though.
I have the metal tube and have not had any issues.....

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks both of y'all how cheap I'll send to Daniel or Eric or somebody they just match port the boot to the 54 so there's no blockage of the air it looked like to me. There could be more to it than that. That's how I've been mounting but it comes off still used to come off over first bump the other day I jumped it 10-12 times until I made it fall off so we're getting there slowly though.

·
8SEVENTY3
1,336 Posts
I have the metal tube and have not had any issues.....
You have a half inch taller deck? Becasue now that I think of it we totally cut the metal one apart and changed it up a lot. Becasue the intake hit the gas tank mount bar on the subframe, and it didnt line up on the mounting tab either.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well White Knuckle says they have a new boot being sent to me. Asked if first one was blue or black I saiid blue they said they'd send out a new black one. Let's see how this works. It can't hurt nothing it's free.

·
8SEVENTY3
1,336 Posts
Either way, you still need to address the whole system. Because if its falling off when the intake is mounted then it is mounted in the wrong spot. It should be pushing the TB to the head, not tugging it backwards. It should be a pretty simple thing to look at and solve the problem in short order. And there shouldn't be any sort of sealant or silicone necessary.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.