Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
alright i dont get some of these other forums.... we custom paint as a hobby right?

and if we post pictures of stuff we do on ANY forum.... eventually we get a PM asking to pay... or stfu....

okay... well that'd be cool if we were making that much profit per year... but most these sites want $120-150/year that's reasonable i guess if you're making at least $1000/yr profit persay....

we offer a service.. not a product.... so it's not like we're spitting shit out every day making $100 per day... we MIGHT make a little profit on each project.. but it mighttt pay for lunch when said and done...

hell we go weeks without anything to do as far as paint.. that's why we work full time jobs and paint when we can...

PC3's get praise everywhere right? any atv forum... any day.. someone is saying PC3 this.... this is just an example.... nothing against dynojet....

well the forum people don't go deleted ALL those posts because dynojet isn't a site supporter or vendor do they?

it's just dumb IMO..... i guess it's okay if for example temptation gets paint from us and he makes a post praising the work.... http://************.com/community/images/smilies/rockon.gif but if the ppl who did it chime in... it MUST be spam.... hell even temptation's post may get deleted.. who knows....

http://************.com/community/images/smilies/blahblah.gif

just seen the "new" offer RF has... it's only DOUBLE the old fees per year... and no banner.. AND you can't say about a new product if another (full paying) sponsor sells the same stuff

so B&N designs... if we post pictures on 5 sites.... and each is $150/yr and RF is $588/yr that's f'n $1388 just to let us post images of shit we've already done....

we MIGHT have made $150-250 profit in 2 yrs....

lol i guess we'll charge double for RF members.... thank "the man" for that ya'll =) haha

·
RED ROCKET!!!
2,360 Posts
That is crazy!! I can place adds in magazines for what they want and the magazine goes to over 30,000 people per month and it will be on their site. I just paid sponsorship on a site (for what I do not ATV related) 6 months I get a banner, a page about my stuff and a link to my website and more for $125.

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
It's pretty universal that if you want to use a website's resources to advertise it's the owner/operator's option to charge you for it.

From what I gather from your posts in the past and here your company doesn't make much if any money and thus can't afford to advertise here now. But your company didn't make enough money to keep advertising here under your old pricing structure so even if the site wasn't sold you still couldn't afford it, you've said so yourself.

Because of this I believe we can ignore price, since in theory we'd be having the same discussion if the prices never changed.

I'm getting the impression that you want to have your cake and eat it too, you want dirt cheap or free advertising because "it's a hobby". B&N isn't the only company run as a business on the side. Whether or not it's making money isn't relevant, the number of page hits per month on a banner ad doesn't change based on your profit margin. If you can't afford it you don't get it, and good intentions or poor business performance doesn't change that anywhere. Even charities pay one way or another for web sites and advertisement.

There is a difference between any member talking about his project/paint job/etc and a member pushing their services. If someone who went around talking about how great PC3's are was suspected as being associated with Dynojet the member would be asked to quit or leave. If you chimed into say "glad you liked it" or something along that line the post might be overlooked. But a post with the intention of garnishing more business (or a whole thread along that line regardless of who starts it) is advertisement and on this site it's not free nor has it ever been.

I'm sorry you can no longer serve as a site sponsor, just as I was when you said you wouldn't be a while ago. If you care to remain here as a member you are certainly welcome, but advertisement of your business will not be acceptable in that capacity.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I would think most businesses once established and making $ would gladly pay big $ for advertising but when just starting out.Or a business that wants to cater to a small group and keep cost down they will never be able to afford it.It comes down to supporting new services and ideas or just trying to make $ off of those that are already established and making $.High cost advertising on the internet stifles many ideas and makes everything more expensive for all of us.Shame that such a great thing as internet has come to this.Well established trusted people should be worked with.Dont let the paying advertisers run the site.

·
Registered
117 Posts
evlls 1 everyone knows who youll are when we get ready for something to be painted we no who to go to

1 - 11 of 11 Posts