Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this discussion has been made plenty of times but here we go again. Don't know if anyone else has saw that Alba has a 5th gear override harness posted up on there site...Just bought one today and plan on trying it out this weekend to see what happens.
Here's the link

http://store.albaaction.com/shop/RAP700-SPEED.html

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
what the fuck? i never seen that, that's a BIG claim...
Description:
Yamaha made the Raptor 700 retard the timing in 5th gear, which drastically reduces power. The mod only effects 5th gear performance, but you will see about an 8hp increase and 15-20mph.
Simply plug this in between your existing harness and you're ready to go!

*this may cause your atv's engine light to turn on, but there is no problem*

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
ok....this is a rip off if Ive ever seen one! Its basically an extention cord to what you already have!!!!! Why not just unlug it, its the EXACT same result. It kills the retarding crap, gives you the correct timing and the added hp/mph over stock. In about 8 hours of riding the check engine comes on, you plug it back in, role forward...light goes out, you unplug it again...then your good for another 8 hours.

Sounds like this is the EXACT same thing. Your STILL tripping the check engine. They probably just crossed two of the 3 wires. This is NOT a fix by any means. Its a BIG FAT waste of $20!!!!

Got me all exited for nothing. Its absolutely no different then just unplugging the damn thing. What a joke, Im calling alba tomorrow!

IF it was a true fix, it would do all that is mentioned AND keep the check engine light off. Right now its no different than just unplugging it..............

All that someone has to do is make a plug with a resistor in it, just like on street bikes. :crazy: :(

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
135boom said:
ok....this is a rip off if Ive ever seen one! Its basically an extention cord to what you already have!!!!! Why not just unlug it, its the EXACT same result. It kills the retarding crap, gives you the correct timing and the added hp/mph over stock. In about 8 hours of riding the check engine comes on, you plug it back in, role forward...light goes out, you unplug it again...then your good for another 8 hours.

Sounds like this is the EXACT same thing. Your STILL tripping the check engine. They probably just crossed two of the 3 wires. This is NOT a fix by any means. Its a BIG FAT waste of $20!!!!

Got me all exited for nothing. Its absolutely no different then just unplugging the damn thing. What a joke, Im calling alba tomorrow!

IF it was a true fix, it would do all that is mentioned AND keep the check engine light off. Right now its no different than just unplugging it..............

All that someone has to do is make a plug with a resistor in it, just like on street bikes. :crazy: :(
yeah bro, give them a call and see what kind of explination they can make up, 15-20 mph? that's tons, and 8 hp???, right now with it just unplugged after the light comes on it runs funny in 5th topping out right? and if they say it doesn't matter if the light comes on then how did they get it to keep running good? plus i wouldn't want my light on cuz it would still monitor other things, and if it's always on how would i get warned about them? you could really mess things up ... and then call "shananagins" on them :grin_nod: shit i'd love to get 15 mph for 20$

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yeah....no kidding! It doesnt gain 15-20 mph. Im really not sure what it does as far as HP. The 700's do a dandy job without the speed sensor of loosing power rather quick in the upper rpms. BUT, I know that retarding isnt helping any either. There is a pretty good difference in a 700 with the sensor plugged in, and one without.

I cant wait to hear what they say. Im calling BULLSHIT!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yep. Just by seeing how the speed sensor works, there really is no way to fool it unless there was a POWERED digital circuit that is constantly switching on/off/on/off etc. You can't just fool this one with a resistor! That place/person needs a back alley beat down.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
SMIB fursure said:
couldnt possibly work, or if it does it couldnt be good for it
huh? good for it? A TON of us ride with the thing unplugged, it doesnt do anything bad to the motor. Its just like it is in the other 4 gears! If/when you get the check engine, it just reverts back to the crap retarded timing in 5th. All you do is plug it back in, role forward...light goes out, and unplug it again.
Well worth it. Peeps usually gain 6-8mph topend, and I am assuming some hp too, since the timing isnt being cut back.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Sand84 said:
Anyone call Alba to see what they had to say :3question:
DID YOU? :3question: :lol: j/k, i didn't, i was waiting for boom to call so he could flame them and then tell us what happend,and i know if he gets on the phone with them it could be a 30 min debate before they get mad and hang up on him without ever giving him the info he wants. hell they might even try to sell him a procom illusion box, i mean magic box :thumbsup: :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
NICK said:
Sand84 said:
Anyone call Alba to see what they had to say :3question:
DID YOU? :3question: :lol: j/k, i didn't, i was waiting for boom to call so he could flame them and then tell us what happend,and i know if he gets on the phone with them it could be a 30 min debate before they get mad and hang up on him without ever giving him the info he wants. hell they might even try to sell him a procom illusion box, i mean magic box :thumbsup: :lol:
Thats the same reason i didn't call :lol:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I was just wondering (i'm not a technician), should'nt it be possible for the manufacturer of the PC USBIII
to overide this by means of software??? :3question:

·
Registered
261 Posts
The PCIII just controls the fuel injection... nothing else. The bike still needs the ECU to operate and monitor all the sensors, inputs, etc.... in order for the PCIII to do that, it would have to take on many many more functions (and be much more expensive).

·
Registered
119 Posts
You're right JJ, but on the other hand, if you look at what they are producing already, it would not be to hard for them to solve this issue.
In Europe most drivers are riding road-lisenced, as there is no nature left.......... :'(
I'm from Holland and beside mills and wooden shoes it's all concrete, we cannot take away the plug because we loose functionality of the speedometer. (i was fined for speeding at 80 mls/h costing me around USD 300,00 :mad:)
I think if the PCIII-guys solve this issue, they gain a unique position in the market, beating competition ;)

Greetz,
Luc

·
Registered
261 Posts
Oh I agree... but something to consider... cost. They make many models of these things, and they are all about the same except for the physical plugs and the maps.... if they had ones to read/change certain sensors, they would have to be WAY more model-specific... and thus, way more expensive.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The only good i see this doing is keeping your conections clean, while its really unpluged.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.