Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a mod quad polished aluminum gas cap for mine and my wifes 06 raptors (the stock ones were way to hard to remove). well all was well until the gasket swelled up and enlarged and then didn't seal up right. now i have cool yellow stains on top of my gas tank. I emailed mod quad and all they could tell me is that they'll send me another gasket. anyone else have this problem and a solution? It really sucks when your smelling gas all day. thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
ModQuad stuff seems to be below par, to me.

Can you make a gasket out of something more suitable?

Can you locate a gas cap for a car/truck at something like VatoZone, etc. and use it's gasket?

·
Registered
219 Posts
phuzz said:
ModQuad stuff seems to be below par, to me.
Ditto... I've bought other billet parts that didn't fit quite right from them. You'd figure for the price that you'd get the $2 gasket instead of a cheap 50-cent version...

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Tusk...

1/3 to 1/4 of the price and just as good if not better.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Like they said above, I have a Tusk on my 660 and its perfect and when I go that route for my 700 I will get another one.

For now I would bring your gas cap to an auto store and find a gasket that will fit it perfectly and see if that makes the difference.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Maddog56 said:
Tusk...

1/3 to 1/4 of the price and just as good if not better.

I agree, I bought the tusk billit cap from RMATV for my 700R for 20.00 last Feb along with the some other stuff and it has been flawless :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
mines a offbrand from ebay and it fits perfect, no leaks, and only cost me $14

·
Registered
689 Posts
Same here TUSK no problem, cheap and does the trick.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well looks like I took it in the @$$. One thing I didn't tell you is that the one I got for my quad doesn't want to tighten down snug, if you go too far it likes to pop up and feels like it's stripping the threads, although its not. with no gasket it does fine, but then it really leaks. I guess I'll try to find a gasket somewhere, if not then i get to buy another cheaper, but better version off ebay. mabey i can sell mine for scrap metal. what a pain in the @$$!! So basically stay away from modquad parts?????

·
Registered
178 Posts
rappyhappy said:
well looks like I took it in the @$$. One thing I didn't tell you is that the one I got for my quad doesn't want to tighten down snug, if you go too far it likes to pop up and feels like it's stripping the threads, although its not. with no gasket it does fine, but then it really leaks. I guess I'll try to find a gasket somewhere, if not then i get to buy another cheaper, but better version off ebay. mabey i can sell mine for scrap metal. what a pain in the @$$!! So basically stay away from modquad parts?????
Don't despair, yet. Also, don't blame ModQuad yet. I agree in that it sounds like a mis-matched thread. Can you get with the folks where you bought it, and swap out? Will ModQuad swap it out with a different/correct one?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Dear Mr. Rappy Happy, we are most likely going to be Rappy Happy this weekend at Florence, is your machine up and running yet, Daniels are going too... :thumbsup: Oh, and Mr. Tall man may have to use a garbage bag for a seat cover, as his hasn't come in yet, and he took off the old one... :crazy:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts