Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting a new build, 660 frame 700 engine. 300ft drag bike. Short term goal is to hit a 3.99, but the ultimate goal is to set the West Michigan Sand Dragway 4 stroke big block track record. Build won't hit the track until 2016, as I have a 700 drag bike to finish first. Just thought I'd get the ball rolling.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
What is the advantage of using the 660 frame with a 700 motor? Are they lighter or just had a free 660 platform?

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,255 Posts
What is the advantage of using the 660 frame with a 700 motor? Are they lighter or just had a free 660 platform?
I was wondering the same question. Te beat me to ask. Thanks.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Subby cut, still need to cut the rear and do a ton of grinding to clean it up nice. It's a start.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried to weigh the frame before but the only thing I had to weigh it was a fish scale and that only goes to 28lbs. So I weighed the parts I cut off, at 6 lbs right now with more to go.

·
11,255 Posts
I tried to weigh the frame before but the only thing I had to weigh it was a fish scale and that only goes to 28lbs. So I weighed the parts I cut off, at 6 lbs right now with more to go.
Be sure to save and weigh all the little sparks from the grinder, LOL. I found a flap wheel works best for grinding steel and aluminum.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No one makes a kit, Cuervo was going to and then didn't I still might see if he can make the mounts for me. That'll save me some time, if not they should be real easy to fab up. Not going to run an upper mount.id like to ditch the oil tank, but not sure if I will or not. Haven't made an motor plans yet, most likely will be spraying it, shooting for 100-110hp. Chassis weight should fall between 240-250 lbs ready to go down the track.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Man I can't imagine getting one of these big bores down to that weight range. Balsa wood, fibergass, motor and tires I guess. Lol
Nobody around here does the drag quad thing so it's completely foreign to me.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The weight thing is by far the most tedious and expensive, nothing on the bike except what is absolutely necessary to make it go done the track. Lots of titanium and aluminum.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here it is all major cutting is done, just a few hundred hours of grinding and cleaning up to do. Weighs under 30lbs as it sits.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
White13 you still doing the 700/660 hybrid? I'm letting my 660 motor go and starting the same project this winter. Haven't seen much mention of this build since you posted in February. Cuervo seems to have completed a few of these builds so I'm leaning on Daniel for advice. Keep me posted on the progress. I'm still looking for a buildable 700 motor.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
No scrapped this project, never did anything more with it than was posted here.
Ok, thanks. I'll do a build thread on it and take plenty of pics for everyone who decides to go there. It seems to be worked out and easily attainable now that Monster is building a dual exhaust for the hybrid. If I had to monkey with a nice 660 or 700 - $700 exhaust system then I would have reconsidered.

·
11,255 Posts
The most important part is to get the sprockets lined up exactly.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts