Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a raptor 660 which sat outdoors for 3 yrs not running bottom end is great top another story aquire reman head at a deal and 686 bbk no other mods to bike it's stock front to back what jets do I need with the bbk?

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,604 Posts
I'm having trouble reading without punctuation but if I understand correctly, all you need is stock getting except get #25 pilots. Now if you change the intake or exhaust you'll need different jets.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

·
Registered
295 Posts
On BB engines with carbs they do not require bigger jets. The larger displacement pulls more fuel. I would start with stock jets, you may need to go down on the main by 1-2 sizes at the most. This is if it was jetted good before the BB kit and no other mods were done.

·
Master of the Electron
14,518 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

If your airbox is going to remain intact, complete and closed and your exhaust is stock then you only need stock jets, although 25 pilots are always recommended.

If, however, you plan on an aftermarket exhaust or modifying your airbox - remove snorkel, or modify or remove the cover - then you need to increase your jet size and switch to DJ needles...

With more info on your plans we can give you a suggestion on where to start.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, similar situation. Have a 2003 Raptor 660, that just had the top end rebuilt with a 686 bbk. Bike would not turn over. I adjusted the valve lash and it started after a few attempts. Now, it will not consistently turn over, and will only occasionally do so after lots of choke and throttle manipulating. I adjusted the idlers but didnt really have any results either way. The only other thing I can think to do is to rebuild the carb with different Jets. Does that sound like something that needs to be done? With the change in displacement would the spark plug gap stay the same?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts