Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
You weld up the hole in the end of the cam to remove it. I just put a few tack welds on my pin in case I wanna switch back to normal one day. Big daddy made a kit to help hold the pins in but I had no luck getting one from him so I just welded mine. Best of all its almost free to do.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea. id hate to weld it. but with the search ive been doing i cant find anything.. i seen willykill used a 8mm freeze plug but i cant find any.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Is there any performance gain to removing the decomp?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
yea. id hate to weld it. but with the search ive been doing i cant find anything.. i seen willykill used a 8mm freeze plug but i cant find any.
I have 8mm plugs here, got them at a automotive outlet, try 5/16'' then, same thing, and the cross holes I just used a aluminum round stock made to fit into the holes and peen it................

·
Registered
113 Posts
So if theres no performance gains what are the advantages to removing the decomp. Is this a part that can go out causing massive valve Failure?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
So if theres no performance gains what are the advantages to removing the decomp. Is this a part that can go out causing massive valve Failure?

Less weight to turn, and if you have a X4 cam or stage 3 cam, you really dont need a decomp...............

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cross holes -thats the ones that are towards the center of the cam?.. does the other side of the cam need to be plugged.?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Yep the pins that hold the weights loosen up. Then the weights fing out past the cam gear and catch the head and the valve cover.

I guess you could say your raptor will run better with the valve cover intact than with a big broken hole.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts